lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2020, 07:44 PM   #1
Joeybl1987
Not Yet Wild

Default Cushman Hawk, what year and various questions

I apologise if wrong sub-forum or if answer is already out there, as you didn't find the exact info I needed.

So, My parents bought a Cushman Hawk off of Facebook a while back and it ended up sitting for a while without me giving it a real once over. So here I am. Please any knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

What the hell year is this thing? Can't find any riveted plate anywhere. There is a sticker decal under the shifter with a model number, 797025. But there is no 797026-**** as alot of posts have said in order for me to cross reference to find the year and what not.
There is also a stamped plate above the front left to tire with 646927. No luck that way either. But maybe I'm just not in the know of where to look these up.

I hope I am posting these pictures appropriately.
Well nevermind, I guess I have to be a member for 7 days in order to post pictures.

Now some random other questions, bare with me, I'm new to the golf cart world.

Buzzer that comes on when turning on the key, is that indicating reverse or something else? For example, when I turn on the key and hear the buzzer, it allows me to crank with the key, but the buzzer never goes away. If I do not hear the buzzer, I have to jump the solenoid to crank it. And I can't control when I do or don't hear it by shifting between F,N,R.. at least i haven't found a way to control it as of yet. Something is definitely malfunctioning in the whole ignition/buzzer system tho.

I am having alot of trouble getting it to shift into drive while the engine is running. When the engine is off you can clearly see the rear of the linkage move between all 3 different positions. But when running, it just kinda looks like it is only travelling far enough for 2 of those positions (it only goes reverse or neutral) . Is this a common problem? Any advice?

I have some other random stuff I can't think of at the moment but those are the biggest 2.
Please point me in the right direction here!
Thanks in advance!
Joeybl1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2020, 06:51 PM   #2
Joeybl1987
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman Hawk, what year and various questions

Turns out, buzzer is for.. I'm guessing reverse? And traced the wires back and they were cut and tied together to where it would buzz all the time. So I guess that's "solved".

Still can't get it to shift into drive gear.

And can't get it to run/idle/throttle smoothly, but I'm sure it's just a basic motor issue I haven't involved myself in yet. Changed fuel lines, fuel pump, fuel filter... Dissasembled carb and cleaned/sprayed out, while leaving jets in... 2 new spark plugs..

Running thru my short knowledge of what else that could be... But
Joeybl1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:42 PM   #3
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

My 1998 Cushman Hawk 48 volt electric utility cart is model number 797024.

I'm guessing that your Cushman Hawk gas cart with model number 797025 is the gas version and if not the same year, would be within a year of it.

Here are some specs that I had tucked away on a Cushman cart ... I know it is not your model number but it might give you an idea on the general specs.

The stamped plate above your front tire is the serial number.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cushman Hawk Specs.pdf (199.6 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:19 PM   #4
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

And check out this link as well ... you might be able to get more information and manuals on your cart from Textron.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showp...34&postcount=7

Also check out that entire thread here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showt...hlight=cushman
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts