lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2020, 06:39 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 48volt club car limthium battery exploded

Most BMS do not provide enough balance current to do the job in a reasonable amount of time with the packs we use. I designed and built my own and I use a 1 amp balance current. This causes a fairly large voltage drop in the sense lines so I don't sense the voltage during the time that the balance current is on. I turn it off for a couple seconds to measure the cell voltages. I used power resistors and gave them plenty of air cooling space because at 1 amp they are dissipating 4W each. This is why most BMS do not balance at a very high current - they don't want to deal with the heat generated.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, explosion, fire, fire truck, linthium battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car