lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2021, 10:12 AM   #1
Drgordon13
Not Yet Wild

Default Brake pad rubbing

So I was riding with my son yesterday and kept hearing something like a scraping sound in one of the rear wheels...Slowed down and it was coming from the wheel for sure...the faster I go the faster the sound happened...

So I jacked the cart up and removed the wheel...with the cart in neutral I tuned the wheel and it "scrapes" on about half of the wheel as it goes around...

I think it's the brake pad rubbing but I have no idea how to loosen or adjust it.
Drgordon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #2
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Default Re: Brake pad rubbing

Hey Drgordon13

Sounds like warped rotor issue or caliper issue...
Get a hold of your dealer have him look at it under
warranty...

Avoid messing with yourself...and possibly void the warranty..

Best wishes..

Happy Cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 06:13 PM   #3
AJC
Not Yet Wild

There is also a thin metal disc dust protector behind the disc. It is possible it may be touching your disc slightly. Crawl underneath your cart and simply bend it out slightly away from the disc. That may be the easy fix.
AJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:39 AM   #4
ATrain
Gone Wild

Make sure you're not bending the squeaker though. There's a metal tab that is designed to touch the rotor when the pad gets low and squeak so you know when it's time to change.

Just as a sanity check, I'd pull the cup holders up and you'll see a brake fluid reservoir. I'd check and make sure it's full. Somebody else posted their fluid was completely empty (I think?). Just for peace of mind.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon