lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
gr3g727
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 81 e-z go electric

i need full wiring diagrram but can not get ahold of it we have rebuilt almost the entire cart but there is an old broken wire coming off the pedal an its a electric wire to eather a battery or something close to that the golf cart will turn on an u can here the beep in reverse so the batterys are good but it wont move we had the motor checked an its ok we figure its the wire but we have no i dea were it goes to an the trech that we talked to doesnt do old 81 carts
gr3g727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
mobilefleet
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 81 e-z go electric

my cart is very similar to yours except it's a melex (ezgo knock off). The wire is probably for the microswitch, which is a small black switch about 1 by 2 inches mounted just below the solenoid. When you push the accelerator pedal this switch should click. When you push the pedal you are completing the circuit, closing the contacts inside the switch so the cart will go, and when you let off it breaks the circuit open so it does not go. 2 wires go to it, one of them goes to the solenoid and the other to the forward/reverse switch. I'll try to post pics tomorrow when it is light outside. I just got my old melex going and replaced alot of stuff so I've become familiar with all this.
mobilefleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
mobilefleet
Not Yet Wild

alright, I'm bored tonight so I turned on the shop lights and took pics of what is likely your problem. The first pic is the solenoid, and the second pic you'll see the little black microswitch below that (with gold screws on mine) That's probably where your wire goes to. Press the gas pedal, you'll see that the microswitch has a small tab that moves with the pressing of the pedal. The bottom wire on the switch goes to the small terminal of the solenoid (the terminal on the right if you're looking at the solenoid from the driver side of the cart). If this is not connected or you don't know where the other wire goes, post another question on here. Good luck

mobilefleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:47 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Early ezgo wiring diagram

http://www.plazagolfcartsales.com/e-...al_diagram.htm
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #5
Bdempsey813
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: 81 e-z go electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The diagram is for a solid state controller-not quite so old. I was going to use it until I saw the mosfets and movistor which I would love to have..
Bdempsey813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm sorry, the info you are looking for is here:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...wiring+diagram
Old 01-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
Bdempsey813
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: 81 e-z go electric

Thanks scottyb we now have the cart running.
Bobby
Bdempsey813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad to have helped, eventually!
Old 01-05-2008, 06:46 PM   #9
rcarpenter15
Not Yet Wild

Do you know anything about American Pride carts? I am having a problem with forward speed. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dont. Reverse seems to work fine.
Bob
rcarpenter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Another nail bender. WELCOME!
Could be as simple as a loose wire anywhere. Since the problem is intermittent I would start checking all of your connections. Start with the big cables and give them a tug - see if any of them are loose. If you don't find something obvious try asking this on a new thread in the General electric cart section. Someone with more experience than myself will help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts