lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Plato_99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Shorter belt question for an 85

I know this has been spoken about to death. I read the shorter belt sticky several times. I searched this forum and several other forums plus did numerous Google searches before I posted this.

I have an 85, it has a 45" belt. Been searching for a 1" shorter belt for the past month or so. I read lots of guys are using the Dayco HP3400 belt. Tried AutoZone and other Dayco distributors, nothing. Everyone says it's a non-existent number.

Here's the Dayco catalog link with a search box. Put HP3400 in the search box and see what you guys get, tells me "no records found for HP3400". The HP prefix is good as I found other belts that start with HP but nothing for HP3400.

http://www.accessdayco.com/BuyersGuide.aspx

Tried NAPA, spent a long time there on their computer searching for a 45" belt. Finally we called Gates tech support and they said there is a 45" belt but it is a special order part and costs $120 plus shipping costs!!! No way!! Not me.

In the meantime I purchased the 45" EZ-GO belt for $54. Expensive but I needed it, when I find a 44" belt at a reasonable cost I'll buy it. Anyone have any suggestions?
Plato_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Shorter belt question for an 85

Its HP3004. at 44 1/8th it works out just right.

Google Dayco HP3004 for a plethora of vendors.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
Plato_99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Dave,, you're right! Somehow for the past month I was searching for 3400 instead of 3004! I feel like a dunce! lol I even bought a $54 belt because I couldn't find it. Looking back over the numerous posts they all said HP3004. I musta had a little dyslexia going on...or maybe old age is creeping up...

Called the local AutoZone, they have it. $38.99 I ordered it.

Thanks!
Plato_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Don't feel bad it happens to me all the time. I'm glad I could help and glad it worked out for you.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO