lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Lights, Radio, and Battery gauge

Starting with a stock 09' electric non-freedom RXV. First thing I would like to do is, add lights and a radio. I am looking for advice from y'all with more expierence. I like the look of the stock headlights, but don't know where the best place to purchase, looking for best quality and price. I also need some advice on the best way to add a radio and speakers (pics would be great). I plan to power these items using a separate deep cycle 12v battery. Also, was wondering about battery gauge also. Does the RXV have any add on's that just plug into factory harness?? Please give me some direction. Thanks.
Buggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
bryris
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV Lights, Radio, and Battery gauge

Me and 8 other buddies from my course bought nine 2010 RXVs from a nearby course that had gone bankrupt two months ago. They were the electric, non freedom model so we have all added lights, music (different styles), battery gauge, coolers, bag covers, rims, DC converter, etc.

Battery Gauge: We chose to go with the OEM battery gauge only to match the look of the Freedom model but you should do your research on here to see if the LED model from Scotty is best for you. I havent been on BGW that long but I believe Scotty is considered the guru of battery guages.

When you pull off the trim plate of the RXV you will see one extra harness attachment. That is what we plugged the battery guage into. Apparently on the Freedom model there is an addittional harness that the lights plug into...more of that below.

Lights: Like you we preferred the OEM "cat-eye" look vs recessed lights. But we wernt going to pay the high price for the OEM kit. There are much cheaper aftermarket options out the there that still look OEM. But they all come with a cheap looking up/down toggle switch. Bc we were trying to keep the dash guage look similar to the Freedom, we ordered the OEM headlight switch. What we didnt know at the time was that switch is meant to be used with a harness (the addittional one that comes with the Freedom). We were able to make it work using stab terminals connected to 2&3 or 5&6 but opted to get a two wire switch from a different vendor that looked exactly like the OEM switch. Problem solved.

DC Converter: I know the opinions on here vary but we all decided to go with a DC to DC converter vs an extra battery. I cant provide any experience on the pros and cons other than the converter was easy to install and it came with a bracket specifically tailored to the RXV compartment.

Cig Lighter/12V power supply: The electric rxv has a plastic cap covering a hole just under the seat. I think on the gas version this is where the fwd/rev switch is. I popped that cap off and the 12V power supply fit perfectly in the opening. Considering i am running my music off my iPhone via BlueTooth its nice to have that to charge my iphone and wireless speaker.

Music: None of us put in head units but a couple guys did put in a marine amp and speakers to use with the ipod. Most of us went went with a wireless bluetooth speaker (Monster HD Clarity) and mounted it on the underside of the suntop with velcro. Sounds great and you can stream your playlist, Pandora, Sirius etc.

PM me and I will point you in the direction of where we bought everything.
bryris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the detailed reply. I will pm you and get some specifics. Post some pics if you have some available. Thanks
Old 07-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bryris, you cannot receive pm's. Post all info you can, I would love to know where you bought your items. Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO