lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #11
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: Cushman help

Nick. I found a schematic but it doesn't show the two big "solenoids" (?) but what I do see is the black box is your speed control. If you have reverse the speed control is working (big sigh of relief here) a it doesn' care if the current going through it is fwd or rev. Now lets go upstream. Either the F/R switch is not makin or the big solenoids are not providing a current path. Can you post the wiring diagram you have or let me know where to find it? Got me hooked now, gotta find out whats up. Randy
ogre'sdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #12
poorol'nick
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

That is a big sigh of relief. I heard those speed controllers are like 500 bucks. I wiring diagram I got was from Cushman. I called the 800 number they had online and talked to a couple different people who faxed the diagram to me. It is very hard to read but I will try to scan it and send attach it to a post. Thanks again for the help and your interest.
poorol'nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:37 AM   #13
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Yeah, them solid state black boxes can ruin your day but a few simple precations can save your a--. I have marked all my wiring with numbers and wrote down what each number is connected to in order to avoid the "Oh, S--t " syndrome and it seems to work. I keep looking at the two big solenoids and was wondering if you have checked the continuity between the big connections while the unit is energized. Same principle as rusty connections, the contacts in there get lots of high current and are prone to meltin/pitting/ burning as well as about 1,000 other things. Stand to reason that forward would go before reverse cause you use it more ( ya, think??). Let us know what you find. Randy
ogre'sdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #14
poorol'nick
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

I will try that. I checked continuity of the solenoids without being energized, but I should retrace all the steps and write them down since it has been alittle while.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #15
justahobbie
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Hello i am a new guy so be gental. I just reciently baought a Cushman 898370 and the wiring is a complete mess. can anyone help me with getting me a wiring spec for this? i have no idea what year it is, or anything else about it. Thank you Gary
justahobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:08 AM   #16
poorol'nick
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

From what I understand and have gotten is 898370 D is a 36 volt GT-1 cart. I bought two of them and dealing with Cushman to get a repair manual and a wiring diagram is a nightmare. I finally got a wiring diagram faxed to me but it is poor at best. If you would like I can add it to an album on this site or email it to you if you would like.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:41 AM   #17
justahobbie
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

If you could e-mail it to me at dnmpunky@ptd.net that would be great. I have been on the phone with several different companies and have gotten nowhere. Do you know what kind of charging unit this needs? can i charge the batteries off a regular car charger? I do not know anything about these carts. any information would be greatly appreciated.
justahobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:52 AM   #18
poorol'nick
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

I will scan it and email it when I get home from work. I work midnights here in Michigan so I will get it when I get home. Depending on the batteries that you have you can use just a regular car charger. I have 6, 6 volt batteries so I wired two batteries in series and used a 12 volt charger and it seemed to work fine. It just took awhile to charge all 6. I plan on buying a 36 volt charger but I want to get my carts running before I spend the 300 bucks on a charger.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:07 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorol'nick View Post
Hopefully these pictures will post, I guess they are in my album also.
The black box in pic 1 looks like a solid state speed controller. So probably carts are from the 90s at the worst? Can't you guys find some ID plates on these things and search the serial #s out or such...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:43 AM   #20
poorol'nick
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

I tried searching the model number and the serial number. The only thing online I found out about them is that they are possibly 2000 cushman carts. The tag on the cart gives a lot of detail about the cart but the biggest problem for me is finding a repair/service manual. I got a wiring diagram from the people at cushman but it is a rough fax.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts