lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: >1 mph F or R - Fully Charged Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamscion2004@yahoo.com View Post
If the cart is running 1 MPH FnR It is the TEMP SENSOR which is inside the encoder bearing.
Better hope its not the temp sensor. It's actually woven into the motor windings and is not separately replaceable. (time to fake it out with a 700 ohm resistor).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2016, 12:15 PM   #12
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thought i would've heard something by now, they told me by Wednesday. Pretty sure they are part swapping and who knows when ill get it back at this point. Fingers crossed on bearing encoder. Again, i'll be posting the results as soon as i have them. Thanks for all the guidance.
LSU MykuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good Luck if it is the Encoder Bearing. Most shops won't even attempt to change them because they are so sensitive. Even a small drop of 6 inches to top of a bench can cause them to fail. Last I heard, EZGO was talking about no longer offering the Bearing as a service part due to the high rate of returns with no way to prove the bearing had been mishandled. Instead they are forcing people to replace the whole motor with the new motor that has the externally replaceable speed sensor.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:21 AM   #14
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Spoke to repair shop yesterday and they said they were waiting on an encoder bearing to test and see if that fixes the issue. Sounds like everything is lining up for what y'all thought it would be. I'll keep you posted on final results. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:36 PM   #15
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Confirmed, bad encoder bearing.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:21 AM   #16
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does anyone have any helpful information to make this installation go as smooth as possible? I'm ordering the part today so I can hopefully work on it next week. Are there any videos or walk through guides? I've read it's pretty simple, is that accurate? Do I need to do anything to the cart to break it in or can I just swap and go? Thanks.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:09 PM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

You can just unbolt the motor and set it in the Bagwell for this repair if you don't want to disconnect the 3 large wires & fish them in & out (it's kinda a pain, & this is a time saver). If I recall, you have to totally disassemble the motor, removing the 4 long bolts that hold the motor together. An Allen socket & some snap ring pliers is the only "special tools" you will need. I like to use 2 dog leashes as chokers around the motor to remove it, as it is very heavy.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #18
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

cgtech,

So i replaced the bad sensor, but I'm pretty sure the repair shop i had diagnose the issue caused some damage that wasn't there before. Now, after the new encoder is installed, it acts differently. When i put the cart in "F" it lurches back and then beeps intermittently for a long time. Same in "R" also. The cart still moves freely, which leads me to believe its the parking brake, any insight on your thoughts? Anywhere i can get a cheap one online or local in Houston, Texas area? Thanks.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #19
cgtech

Yamaha

If you can push the cart with the key off & the plug removed from the motor brake, the brake will be bad for sure.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #20
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

best bet is direct from ezgo.
don't buy used.

do not over tighten bolts when installing new one.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO