lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2021, 08:07 AM   #1
Stevowevo
Not Yet Wild

Default 97’ CC rear end transplant options?

Hi guys, I’m new here and new to carts. I would like to put some fresh power in this thing but it seams the clockwise rotation makes things difficult. From what I’ve been reading my options for our 97 club car are to just run the gears in reverse or swap the rear end. I think I would like to try switching the rear end assembly if I can find one. The only info I’ve seen that identifies the ccw version is the vertical gear shift. So I guess my questions are how else would I identify a good candidate and what are the potential pitfalls going this direction? Thanks in advance for any input, I have not been able to find any discussions or YT videos that covers this in any kind of detail.
Stevowevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2021, 01:14 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 97’ CC rear end transplant options?

Your best option would be to just spin it backwards and get 6:1 gears.

It’s really difficult to find the older style transaxles and if something breaks nearly impossible to find parts for them internally.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 01:16 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

And you’ll definitely want to get gears for it. Reverse is a really high gear ratio so you’ll have more torque than you’ll ever know what to do with, but max out around 10mph lol. Swap gears and you’ll be good for high 20’s or low 30’s depending on how you set up the cart.
Old 12-31-2021, 01:30 PM   #4
Stevowevo
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks a bunch CP! I ordered a duromax clone today kinda an impulse buy. I guess I need to start another thread to see what all I need to shoehorn that sucker in. Happy old year till tomorrow!
Old 12-31-2021, 06:29 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevowevo View Post
Ok thanks a bunch CP! I ordered a duromax clone today kinda an impulse buy. I guess I need to start another thread to see what all I need to shoehorn that sucker in. Happy old year till tomorrow!
Check out vegas carts website. It’ll have everything you need to make it super easy.

I’d also very highly recommend getting the cvtech clutch from them instead of trying to use an adapter and your original clutch. It’s really a pain in the arse cutting the crankshaft, drilling it, and tapping it to try and reuse the original clutch. The couple hundred bucks for the clutch from vegas carts slides on the crankshaft and bolts in, 10 seconds and done. Also works much better for idling without creeping so you can shift gears. Lessons learned the hard way. I’d never do it again with the original clutch, not worth saving a couple bucks.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:44 AM   #6
Stevowevo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97’ CC rear end options and other build questions

Ok I ordered a new primary clutch, pulley, engine cradle and air intake/filter kit from vc. They messed up some of my billing and shipping address info so I hope my parts find their way here somehow. Anyway I was wondering if I can run my stock secondary without modifications because the input will be spinning opposite of what it did with the stock engine. Thanks again!
Old 01-06-2022, 11:01 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yes you can run the stock secondary.

You’re gonna want to get high speed gears if you haven’t already. Do it all at once while it’s apart or you’ll have to take everything back apart to do the gears later.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:18 PM   #8
Stevowevo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks CP! I’m going to have to put you on the pay roll for all your help. I know I’m not done with the questions. I might have a lead on an earlier model rear end believe it or not. I’m holding off on ordering the gears till I see it. Maybe the guy has enough of the older cart for me to just throw all my parts at that one. We shall see. I did order a lift and wheel/tire combo so hopefully that’s all the big pieces I need to ship in
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car