lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2022, 12:46 PM   #1
rojo143
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Best Source for engine rebuild kit for G29

I am about to tear into my G29 engine and have begun looking at rebuild kits. I am wondering if anyone has any sellers they have used or can recommend. I see that J & B Golf Cart Parts has a full rebuild kit including bearings available but I just wanted to see what else is out there. Does Don at Plowman's sell rebuild kits?
rojo143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2022, 01:06 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Best Source for engine rebuild kit for G29

Don sells original oem parts. Yamaha does not make a “kit”. You need to know what you need to rebuild the motor. I never recommend aftermarket parts or kits because they are almost never oem parts.

I’d start by disassembling and measuring everything. Make a list of what you need/what’s out of spec. And order those parts.

Why are you rebuilding it? G29 is awfully new to need a rebuild already unless it’s been horribly abused
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:11 PM   #3
rojo143
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Don sells original oem parts. Yamaha does not make a “kit”. You need to know what you need to rebuild the motor. I never recommend aftermarket parts or kits because they are almost never oem parts.

I’d start by disassembling and measuring everything. Make a list of what you need/what’s out of spec. And order those parts.

Why are you rebuilding it? G29 is awfully new to need a rebuild already unless it’s been horribly abused
Mine falls into that category of horribly abused. It is smoking real bad and burning about a 1/2 quart of oil after 5 hours of use. The compression still reads good at 122 psi, but since it is new to me and has some issues I would rather start fresh and rebuild the entire engine. I plan on disassembling the engine and measuring everything as you stated i was just trying to see what other options were out there for parts/ parts kits.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:58 PM   #4
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

dumb question but is it over filled on oil? is the cart lifted?
is the stock air cleaner in place with a clean air filter and all crank cases hoses clear and connected properly
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:41 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
is the stock air cleaner in place with a clean air filter and all crank cases hoses clear and connected properly
I was gonna ask the same.

As for the parts, measure everything and make sure the cylinder bore is still good. Call plowmans with whatever parts you need and he likely has them in stock
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:30 PM   #6
rojo143
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
The cart is not lifted and 100% stock with the exception if a rear seat kit and 14 wheels and tires. The air cleaner is complete and intact. When I bought the cart and got it home I changed the oil and it was a little over filled but not by much. The first thing I did was was changed the oil and do a full tune up kit on it and cleaned the carb. Once it was all back together and I started driving it it was burning oil pretty good and oil had a strong gas smell to it so I pulled the carb bsck off and replaced it with a OEM carb along with all the lines and fuel pump. That corrected the fuel smell in the oil but it is still burning oil. About a half of a quart over 5 hrs of operation. It is not leaking oil just burning it.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:13 AM   #7
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see you can buy a brand new genuine yamaha engine from partzilla for $1150 for those that want a plug and play
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 12:07 PM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Any time you get fuel in the crankcase from the carb leaking and don't catch it you will wash the oil ring right out of it.
Still have good compression but a real fogger!!
My dad did that and I didn't know it until it started smoking.
Set of rings and gaskets, check the valves and good to go.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha