lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2022, 12:20 PM   #1
Parachini
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo marathon 94 36V diagnostic help

Hey guys I could really use some advice on somebody who knows about the Ezgo marathon 94 36V. I found an old rusted one in my warehouse so I decided to rebuild it. I did the metal work, paint and upholstery. But what I am stuck on is the electrical, this is my first time dealing with electrical work and this cart had almost all the wires cut and missing. I found a diagram online I’ve been following and put in new wires, forward reverse, and solenoid. I tested the motor separately by hooking batteries up and it ran. But the issue I’m having now is after everything is wired and I press the acceleration down nothing happens, the reverse buzzer actually cuts off too as I press the acceleration pedal down which makes me think it’s either a bad potentiometer or speed controller cause a short circuit or something. I followed the diagram and triple checked I wired everything correctly. But I’m only getting a 5v reading on the solenoid as well as only a 5v reading on both A1 and A2 of the motor of only 5v and not reading on S1 and S2.

I can’t find any good videos on YouTube so maybe I’m testing things wrong or there are some diagnostic tests you know off that I can do to rule things out. I pulled the potentiometer out today and I’m gonna test it using a bench power supply to see if it work.
Parachini is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2022, 01:13 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ezgo marathon 94 36V diagnostic help

Start with the batteries and their connections. What voltage do you get across the battey pack (pack+ to pack -)? What voltage do you get from pack - to the battery pack + side of the solenoid? If you're actually getting just 5 volts to the battery pack side of the solenoid that is your problem. Should have full pack voltage (38.2 or so with a full charge) across the battery pack and the same to the battery side of the solenoid.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:26 PM   #3
Parachini
Not Yet Wild

So I’m getting a reading of 37v on the solenoid now but only 5v on the motor A1 and A2. How can I test the speed controller and the potentiometer. Because I’m testing the potentiometer not to check for continuity and the white wire that goes into the the forward reverse switch has continuity with both the black and white wires that go into the speed controller. Meanwhile the black wire that goes into the reverse switch doesn’t have continuity with anything. Also it looks like the resistance reading is going up as the throttle is being pressed down. Is that normal?
Old 01-20-2022, 07:40 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does the solenoid "click" with key on and press the pedal? If so what is the voltage to the controller (output) side of the solenoid?
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 01:03 PM   #5
Parachini
Not Yet Wild

I already took everything out is there a test I can do while it’s all apart to test each component or should I put it all back together?
Old 01-20-2022, 01:20 PM   #6
Parachini
Not Yet Wild

Also I just now tested the resistor on the solenoid Dale-CW-5-250ohm 5% mexico M9713. And it has no continuity, I don’t recall hearing a click from the solenoid before taking everything out just recall the buzzer shut off every time I pressed the gas pedal. Do you think this resistor may be the issue to getting it started?

Tags
36v, ezgo, ezgo marathon 94 36v, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO