lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #41
KGJET
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Modifying Governor on G16 & G22

(First time poster)I just bought an 04 G22 and did this first. 28 on the GPS with no issues. Now I'll be doing the synthetic oil change per the advice! Thanks for the information and will be turning this into a hunting buggy all summer so I'm sure I'll need more advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1926.jpg (42.8 KB, 13 views)
KGJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #42
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanna View Post
Ok so after riding the cart some I have noticed your ether wide open or no throttle at all.. No just cursing around mid throttle. If I try mid throttle it gets real jerky. Any ideas??
Did you figure this out? Should have full throttle control, should be able to touch pedal and start engine without cart moving.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #43
chompy
Getting Wild

From what I have seen here there is one step that is being missed. You have to take the pressure off of the govenor spring otherwise the arm will bind on the shaft and the throttle will stick. Back off of the govenor adjusting lock nut till it is about 1 inch from coming off of the bolt. That will take the pressure off of the spring and still make your throttle function properly.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #44
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you do the mod to the Gov. does it mess with the way your clutch should work.
Just wondering before I mess something up!!!!
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #45
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I was told by a local cart guy that if you Zip tied or run the nut all the way in or bypassed the governor the clutch would not work right. Unless I misunderstood him.
Is this true or not!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the help.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:53 AM   #46
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LURCH View Post
I was told by a local cart guy that if you Zip tied or run the nut all the way in or bypassed the governor the clutch would not work right. Unless I misunderstood him.
Is this true or not!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the help.
I've done many, never had a clutch problem.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #47
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
I've done many, never had a clutch problem.
Me too.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #48
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for your help, I tried the zip tie again today and paced it with a car I got to 18 to 20 mph on flat to a slight incline and about 8 to 10 mph pulling a middle grade hill.
I guess drilling the bracket would make it alot easier on the throttle cable. Like the other guy said you will have to keep your ears peeled to not over rev. the eng.

Thanks for all the help!!!!!! LURCH!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #49
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

When you do a speed run and you hear the engine start to rev higher, that means the clutch has shifted all the way to high gear and can't shift anymore. From then on it will gain rpm and no shifting just like a car in high gear. The CVT will stay in that high gear until you slow down enough it needs to back shift. It may not be balanced for a 8K rpm engine, but with a stock or lawn engine the clutch could care less. After putting a clone in a G9 it shifts better IMO though not much different. It does have a cut sheave so it comes off the line faster.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #50
southpaw
Not Yet Wild

First post! Great Site! Just one question. Will this modification help with some power for climbing paved hills? Thanks!
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha