lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #3021
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Yamaha G9 Club - Everything G9!

.. can't be having no new cart moving in the hood, stepping on your toes, show him your the alpha male..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2016, 04:27 PM   #3022
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRH View Post
Are the speed springs from cartpartsplus better than a bypassed governor? I here the low speed drivabilty suffers with a full bypass... I have a Club Car in the neighborhood now and I want to smoke his *** for sure..
Not true...at least in my case(G22)
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #3023
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Not true on my G14 either . Can't do any better than a zip tied governor.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #3024
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Are the speed springs from cartpartsplus better than a bypassed governor? I here the low speed drivabilty suffers with a full bypass... I have a Club Car in the neighborhood now and I want to smoke his *** for sure..
If you drill the governor arm out and adjust carb properly you will be good to go FYI there was not a single cart that could hang with me at our Campground when I had Plowmans clutches exhaust and intake mods,governor bypassed.pull away from them going uphill really upsets themclub cars
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:10 AM   #3025
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I will be drilling tonight.. I have heard its the way to go... Man, there is a lot of motor left when the governor kicks in... I put it on jackstands and pull her to the floor and watched it slow it down, pretty slick way of doing it....OH BOY THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
KJRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #3026
KJRH
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Talking Re: Yamaha G9 Club - Everything G9!

I am excited to see what she will do.. I have the some Plowman goodies, so it will interesting to see how fast she will go with a little adjusting...
KJRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:42 AM   #3027
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Good luck and I hope everything works for you.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:05 AM   #3028
92G9AH
Not Yet Wild

Hey KJ, Thanks for the link! Definitely wanting don's muffler too, passenger side is REALLY WARM after only a few minutes. Wife no likey. Camper, I've noticed the smoke getting a little thicker. It still starts and goes, but I'm wondering at what point should I park it and wait on the rebuild kit? I have a Cl350 that popped a compression ring once and ate into the jug and the side of the piston. Feeling concerned
92G9AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #3029
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If it runs good and smoke its the oil ring, you can run it all you want long as you keep putting oil in it.

Governor has nothing to do with low speed, the governor only limits speed when its too high. That issue is all in how you adjust the throttle cable, you have to leave it at idle past where it starts, then more throttle at the carb beyond that.

I got a cable and it looks promising, we will see if it runs the big CV carb.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:53 PM   #3030
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
I am excited to see what she will do.. I have the some Plowman goodies, so it will interesting to see how fast she will go with a little adjusting...
Hopefully Lockman doesn't find out about us talking smack about the CC,s . He actually helped me out with a CC at Camp. I was trying to get my neighbor with the CC to bypass the governor but he didn't think it was a good idea cause he was worried his wife might crash it when she gets liquid encouragement good luck and have fun
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha