lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2019, 12:53 PM   #3421
1arunem
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G9 Club - Everything G9!

Here is my G9 I just purchased last week. Serial number comes back as a 1992.

Wish I had taken a picture of when I first got it. Amazing what a pressure washer will do!

Been sitting a few years so I have to see what it is going to take to get her going again..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1992 YAMAHA G9 GAS.jpg (136.2 KB, 0 views)
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2019, 05:12 AM   #3422
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

check under the battery to make sure that the frame isn't rotted very common problem with the G2/G9 carts. Great looking cart.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:07 AM   #3423
1arunem
Gone Wild

That was easy to check as there was no battery in it. Haha... It looks to be pretty solid.
Thanks!
Old 03-26-2019, 08:33 AM   #3424
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Most of them do tend to show some rot there. I'd beat on it a little with a pick hammer and make sure it's solid. it's an easy fix if it is rusted out.

Looks like it's in good shape. Killed me to sell my G9 but it never got driven anymore and I couldn't stand seeing it sit in the shop and never move unless I moved it because it was in the way.

Failed ignitors seems to be pretty common, so I'd check for spark before diigging too much. Whatever you do, don't buy any kind of aftermarket or Nivel parts. Ignitor, coil, carburetor, etc. The aftermarket parts are junk and will only leave you chasing your tail thinking you've got some other kind of problem because "I already replaced that, it's GOTTA be good"...

And *very* important. Make sure the airbox lid is 100% completely sealed against the airbox. zip ties work well if the rubber straps are missing. No matter what you do, it will never run right if the airbox lid isn't completely sealed.

Good luck!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:12 PM   #3425
1arunem
Gone Wild

Your last statement may be why he parked it. He suspected carb issues. Said he cleaned it but still wouldn't run right but would run.
The first thing I noticed was the lid not secure and the clips missing. It's been sitting a few years so I am going to check for spark, it that is there, put a little fuel to it and see what happens.
Of course I will do the usual new plug, filters (air/fuel) and fresh oil.

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #3426
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1arunem View Post
Your last statement may be why he parked it. He suspected carb issues. Said he cleaned it but still wouldn't run right but would run.
The first thing I noticed was the lid not secure and the clips missing. It's been sitting a few years so I am going to check for spark, it that is there, put a little fuel to it and see what happens.
Of course I will do the usual new plug, filters (air/fuel) and fresh oil.

Thanks!
Good deal!

Clean the carb out really well. And resist the urge to buy the $20 amazon special, they suck and will only leave you with more problems. If you need an OEM carb, I have a spare Mikuni. I cleaned it in an ultrasonic cleaner, and it's been on a shelf ever since then. Remove and clean the tank if it's been sitting that long. The fuel filter in the bottom has probably disintegrated and will clog the carb, just cut it out, throw it out, and use a regular fuel filter in the fuel line.

Be careful with the 2 bolts/studs holding on the carb. DO NOT overtighten them, snug is good. That plastic spacer cracks *VERY* easily. I broke 2 of them on mine...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:05 PM   #3427
1arunem
Gone Wild

Definitely going to remove and clean the fuel tank. Will do on the fuel filter. Already bought an inline for it. Thanks for the insight on the carb spacer!

Send me a PM on what you want for the carb. Never hurts to have a spare.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #3428
Jpettigrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
Uhhhh...I don't think so. Note...cart is only partially done...

http://

http://
What drink holder setup are you using here?
Jpettigrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:38 PM   #3429
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

They usually don't run right unless the airbox is completely sealed up, or you have to hog out the main jet a little. I did just to remove the silencer over the gen, but it ran nicer without it. Just take a torch tip cleaner and file the jet larger, you can get the jet out in the cart make it larger until it runs good. May have to take carb out and get jet loose first.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:38 PM   #3430
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

You can find them around. I think I got mine from ebay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170904_195258455.jpg (245.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170904_195325959.jpg (238.5 KB, 0 views)
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha