lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2024, 11:37 AM   #1
LDoyle
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 Chrysler ignition mod

A cousins 86 G2 ignitor is bad and I would like to try a get it back up and running for her ( she had hip replacement ) .Since they are no longer available and I saw something somewhere about a Chrysler ignition mod that someone did . Does anyone know of a tutorial ( for dummies ) or someplace I can find out how to do this ? Thanks for any help .
LDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2024, 06:50 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G2 Chrysler ignition mod

If you’re mechanically inclined the Chrysler can be done as a cheap fix. But I’d highly recommend an oem ignitor they are better and it’s plug and play. Call Don www.plowmanscarts.com I bet he has them in stock
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 10:07 PM   #3
rpmlou
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Vintage Golf Cart Parts and Plowman Carts both have the brand new CDI Ignitor boxes.
Both of those guys are easy to work with and honest.
rpmlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 06:43 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Plowmans is oem. The other guys are not. I’d go plowmans they’re cheaper and better quality oem.
Old 04-22-2024, 02:19 PM   #5
LDoyle
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If you’re mechanically inclined the Chrysler can be done as a cheap fix. But I’d highly recommend an oem ignitor they are better and it’s plug and play. Call Don www.plowmanscarts.com I bet he has them in stock
I am mechanically inclined . I just need a little direction , hopefully a tutorial or a how to do write up . My cousin can`t afford the oem , even if one can be found , which is why the chrysler mod seemed like a possible solution . And that`s hoping that is the only problem with this cart . I just can`t find a writeup or anything on how to do it other than someone saying they did it and it worked .
Old 04-22-2024, 07:10 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Post 26 I made a diagram

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...rs+dies&page=3
Old 04-23-2024, 12:11 AM   #7
LDoyle
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Thanks CP241 . I read through all those post and I think it is a option for her cart . Since the wiring is so screwed up I think I will be better just stripping out all the wiring and try to wire it with just what`s needed to run . I`m guessing right now the on/off switch , starter solenoid ,starter , coil , coil pickup wires and the Chrysler mod componets . I think I should be able to figure it out . Thanks for sending me in the right direction
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha