lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Rammer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Charging Problem/Question

My buddy has a 2010 "The Drive" and the charger seems to light up fine, but when plugged into the cart, charges for a brief minute and then cuts off completely as in all lights on the charger go out. He seems to think that the lights on the charger come back on when unplugged from the cart? Any ideas on where to start? Will the cart itself send a "warning" to the charger letting the charger not charge?
Rammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Charging Problem/Question

I really dont like the small flat JW1 & JW9 chargers, they are unreliable. We order all our yamahas with DPI chargers from the factory to avoid the problems. I would suggest checking the pack voltage to determine the real state of charge. And would try a different charger, just to see how it acts.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
Rammer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks, I'll check and make sure this one isn't a Yamaha charger - I just assumed it was. He called the dealer he bought it from and the dealer said something about if the pack voltage is too low, the charger won't charge the batteries - anyone ever heard that.....that sounded crazy to me. The dealer said he'd first have to charge the batts with a normal battery charger before the cart charger would work - sounds odd to me.
Rammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Absolutely true! A automatic charger has to be able to detect it is connected to a correct voltage battery pack to do its automatic charging thing. Too low a voltage and it wont work.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha