lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
ez hunter
Not Yet Wild

Default no power

Ha guys I have a 92 Ez go it was running fine and then it act like it ran out of gas the motor will idle but no rpms when you push the gas. I thinking that the fuel pump is the problem. Is some often problems do I need to look at.
I am new to the cart site and I need all the help I can get.
Thanks
ez hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #2
redcloud
Gone Wild

Default Re: no power

What engine? Is the throttle cable broke?
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
ez hunter
Not Yet Wild

It is a Robin 295cc and the throttle cable is working fine I pick up a new fuel pump today and new lines and a tune kit will install after Christmas and see if this works If you have often thing to try please let me know.
Thanks Redcloud

Have A Merry X-mas And A Happy New Year
Old 12-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

when You say "Idle" you are sure it's actually *running* and not just turning over with the starter, right? I'd start by making sure You have spark before I tore to deeply into the fuel system - the older carts are notorious for bad grounds, which can cause what You're describing, namely it will turn over (or as You say "Idle", even though that isn't the case as it's actually not running) but it actually has no spark.

Pull a plug and ground it to the engine while turning the cart over, you'll see a nice spark if you're getting it. Then, provided there's ignition we can look at the other usual suspects in order of most likely to occur.

Step 2 (also fast and free) would be as long as there is spark, next pull the pulse tube that runs from the engine to the fuel pump (not the fuel lines that go to carb and tank - leave those alone) and hold it straight up and down (vertical) to drain it, then reinstall. These older carts are notorious for spitting oil into the pulse tube, which results in the exact symptoms You describe. Generally, opening up that pulse tube will get everything going again - to be 100% though you can always pull the fuel line at the carb AFTER clearing the pulse tube and make sure You're getting fuel when You turn the cart over ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
ez hunter
Not Yet Wild

Thanks
I do have spark I will try the vac line I going to replace all line to make sure there is no gas or air leak.
But will to wait on that wrong time of the year to work on the cart.
Thanks again and have a great holiday
Old 12-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
ez hunter
Not Yet Wild

Ha guys
I replace the fuel pump and lines today the cart fire right up a ran a champ.
Thanks for all the help you guys gave me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO