lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2015, 11:04 PM   #1
ezgohunter68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ST 4x4 transmission

OK, I've completely rebuilt my 05 ST 4x4 and I have one more issue. I feel a slip/pop when driving it, I'm thinking it has to be the transmission 4x4 chain. I'm ready to disassemble the transfer case/transmission and replace this and I wanted to see if anyone has done this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ezgohunter68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
ezgohunter68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ST 4x4 transmission

Just a quick update, it ended up being the FNR cable adjustment. When I installed the new cable it wasn't traveling all the way to the Forward position. You need to hear an audible "click" at each position. It was just a hair shy of that so it must have been jumping out of gear. It's driving and shifting perfect now.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
ezgohunter68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is a pic of the completed project, these are truly unstoppable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4x4.jpg (86.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-08-2015, 02:16 PM   #4
crink12
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you got it figured out...otherwise I was going to suggest the washer trick that others on here have had success with.

That is a nice looking rig! Where did you get the camo wrap/seat? Any luck on sourcing rear hitch, ROPS or brush guards?

Thanks for posting your tip.
crink12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #5
ezgohunter68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The camo wrap was done by the previous owner and seems very durable. I ordered camo 600d cordura material off ebay, it was super cheap and as tough as iron. I replaced the rotted front seat bottom and back wood with treated 3/4" plywoood and sealed it with rubberized under coating. I replaced the vinyl material with the cordura and stapled it on, turned out great. The back seat is the removeable UTV one that Cabelas sells, I had to lower and narrow it by cutting the frame and used the same material to cover the seats, turned out really nice. It alreay had the 2" rear receiver and will start building my own rops cage and grill guard, theses are extinct. I put in a new front diff, added front and rear diff guards, rebuilt half shafts, drive shafts, diff locks, new cables, front and rear suspension bushings, and a bunch of other little stuff. The washer on the clutch trick was the cheapest and best thing ever!! Lots of work but it was worth it. We have lots of snow here and it goes anywhere and is lots of fun. Just thankful the trans is good or this would be scrap, although I imagine one could retro fit one from a razr or mule but glad I did'nt have to figure that out.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:05 PM   #6
abcollector
Not Yet Wild

New here, just joined. Nice looking ride there ezgohunter68! I'll be trying to follow what you are doing or anyone else with their ST 4x4 to see what I can do on mine. I've had mine since almost new (first owner but had some hours on it) and am looking to rebuild the front rubber boots up front, fix or improve the shifting into F/R and right at the moment, trying to get it to stay running. I just replaced the fuel pump but think I have a vacuum leak.
abcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:35 PM   #7
ezgohunter68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Check out atvcvboots.com for your new boots, $10 each and they even carry the cage and balls to rebuild the inside cv joint. The inside joints are tough to pull so just pop out the spring clip and rebuild them in place, much easier.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO