lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2015, 06:57 AM   #1
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Default Drive/G29 ---Dash Kit

Anyone have one of the carbon fiber or wood grain dash kits for their G29?

Do they completely replace the stock dash or is it more of cover over existing dash?

Are they flimsy or strong plastic?

I will most likely be painting over it because the 3 options to choose from are kinda plain.
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2015, 08:51 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Drive/G29 ---Dash Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank View Post
Anyone have one of the carbon fiber or wood grain dash kits for their G29?

Do they completely replace the stock dash or is it more of cover over existing dash?

Are they flimsy or strong plastic?

I will most likely be painting over it because the 3 options to choose from are kinda plain.
There just a cover. Fairly flimsy. They are held on with duble back tape, but we put several decerative headed screw to be more secure.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #3
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Eh, we're talkin bout the ones with the dash/glove compartment with lock and keys?
Old 08-11-2015, 01:38 PM   #4
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Frankthetank I bought the woodgrain dash for our 2011 G29, the wife’s preference. Depending on the styling of your cart the carbon fiber might look better. It is a custom fit, slip over, but it fits nicely and doesn’t look like an add-on. To secure it to my preference, I installed a few 1/8” pop rivets inside each glove box behind the door and three ¼” hole, black flat head fasteners across the top of the dash to secure it there, they are replacement fasteners for a Ford I found in the hardware department at Lowes. I still used the double sided adhesive tape supplied and we are well pleased with the new dash. The glove box latch does lock but don’t store anything valuable in them. With the covers for the glove box we now have plenty of space to store things (bungi cords, gas treatment, cozies, liability papers, on my side and whatever things the wife feels she need on her side). Here is a pic (not my cart)and where I bought out dash.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-3841351...7_2268_6991579

http://www.justgolfcarts.com/yaraco.html

Good Luck.
Robert
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:13 PM   #5
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Thinkin bout just using the existing and putting some bonding/adhesion primer and then painting it....Not too sure it will hold up that way though.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:55 AM   #6
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Does the panel cover the entire dash completely?

I am still hesitant and considering painting instead but if I end up going with the Titanium Dash Cover to match the metallic silver color of my cart I think I might look ok.

So long as it covers the dash completely. I just don't want to see any black trim coming through from the factory dash panel if that makes sense?

Any close up pictures of the edges of the cover installed to your carts?

:-)
Old 02-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #7
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Frank as I said in the post above the dash does have a good fit. It is a good look and does give you storage space to keep things from bouncing out of the cart glove boxes. I used the double sided tape that comes preinstalled on the new dash panel. I didn’t think the tape alone would hold up so I added some additional fasteners. I installed 3 plastic automotive panel fasteners across the top of the dash next to the windshield area. Inside each dash area I used some 1/8” pop rivets just inside the door and 2 at the bottom of the dash under the center console. When you place the dash common since will tell you what you might need to do. I have some pictures of what it looks like on our cart and a link to Lowe’s showing you what the fasteners at the top of the dash will look like. One of my favorite sections at Lowe’s is in the hardware section where they have a row of drawers with all of their specialty fasteners, bolts, knobs, and screws. Good Luck.
Robert
http://www.lowes.com/pd_451490-37672...alty+fasteners
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dash 1.JPG (59.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash 2.JPG (45.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash 3.JPG (45.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Dash 4.JPG (46.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-13-2016, 07:38 PM   #8
BaseballDad30
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Limited Edition, how much of a pain was it to install your lights kit? I'm fixing to install a complete street legal kit and just trying to gauge time and difficulty
BaseballDad30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:16 AM   #9
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballDad30 View Post
Limited Edition, how much of a pain was it to install your lights kit? I'm fixing to install a complete street legal kit and just trying to gauge time and difficulty
It is funny you asked, I just upgraded the lights on my cart just a few days ago. When I purchased the cart it had the headlights and taillights already installed. There was no stop light switch, turn signal switch or horn but I installed them two years ago. The halogen headlights failed and the sockets for the taillights were giving me problems also, so I checked in to upgrading to the new style LED light kits. I found what I needed at Buggies Unlimited. As I already had the horn and the brake light switch installed all I ordered was the LED Headlight & Taillight Kit (31546) and the matching Turn Signal Kit (31505). The light kit comes with a complete wiring harness so everything just plugs together. It has a good set of illustrated instructions; templates for cutting out the holes for the lights and everything you need to secure the wiring harness. The new LED light kit is the same style as the original ones so I didn’t have to cut out any holes. With free shipping and no tax it only set me back $165.98, and I my pleased with the outcome. If you need everything (lights, turn signal, brake and horn) they have a Deluxe LED Light kit with everything in it for $209.99 (31549). I took my time checking fitment and routing the harness, so I spent less than two hours. The only wiring connections are at the battery as everything else just plugs in. The wiring harness starts at the battery and goes front to rear from there. Going to the rear just follow the existing wiring and going forward you will remove the push in fasteners that hold the floor matt down to access the lift out metal plate that covers the brake and gas pedal compartment. This gives you direct access to the front of the cart leading to the upper dash. At first the wiring diagram was a little confusing, but just follow the color code leading from the turn signal switch to identify the sockets, (left and right) I marked mine with a felt tipped marker. Good Luck.

Robert

http://golf-carts.buggiesunlimited.c...ew=grid&srt=12
Old 02-21-2016, 05:48 AM   #10
frankthetank
Gone Wild

Ended up ordering the Titanium Dash Cover hoping that it would match the metallic silver on my cart. It doesn't match but I kinda like the dash itself.

I think I am going to break it down. Sand it and paint to match the silver on the cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha