lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
larry69fatboy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Two batteries in gas cart

Has anyone done this? If so, where did you mount the second one. Pics would be helpful. Thx
larry69fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2015, 07:33 PM   #2
Kustrud
Gone Wild

Default Re: Two batteries in gas cart

What're you running that requires an additional battery? I have a light bar and an amp for two speakers that together probably require under 10 amps. Doesn't the generator put out around 20??
Kustrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:00 AM   #3
larry69fatboy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Radio with 4 speaker, amp and sub and lights.
larry69fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:55 PM   #4
Kustrud
Gone Wild

I gotcha, four speakers and sub will obviously drain some more. I'd do a deep cycle that you can hook to a charger or trickle charger after you use the cart when sitting overnight. A good deep cycle battery should run that stuff for a while - several hours. I don't think the generators are up to charging two batteries. Hook your lights up to the main battery and they shouldn't pull more than the cart will recharge. Add a switch between the amp and deep cycle so you can turn it off/on when wanted. But heck, you might be fine running all that to your current battery unless you plan on sitting still and running it for long periods of time. You need to figure the total amp usage of all your accessories and the find out exactly what the generator puts out.
Kustrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:52 PM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I have heard of folks using an automatic battery isolator and putting the spare battery in the bag well area. Not sure if that will work for your setup. Something like this:

Amazon.com: 140 Amp Dual Battery Smart Isolator by KeyLine Chargers - VSR - Voltage Sensitive Relay Specially Designed for ATV, UTV, Boats, RV's, Campers 5th Wheels Off Road Vehicles Rhino Polaris Artic Cat ETC: Automotive Amazon.com: 140 Amp Dual Battery Smart Isolator by KeyLine Chargers - VSR - Voltage Sensitive Relay Specially Designed for ATV, UTV, Boats, RV's, Campers 5th Wheels Off Road Vehicles Rhino Polaris Artic Cat ETC: Automotive
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO