lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #1
Spook
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 getting oil into air intake

My cart came without a filter box and the guy I bought it off of put an air filter directly onto the carburetor! He ran a clear tube hose off of the top of the motor to a separate container, clear plastic bottle, and rigged it to the inside of the cart. That seemed to work fine until oil began backing up into the bottle. I took the bottle out and got rid of it. I put a piece of pvc pipe in between the carb. and air filter and ran the tube from the top of the motor into a fitting that I threaded into the pvc. That seemed to work for a little while but now oil is backing up and flooding out my engine not to mention the white smoke that it's creating! Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue!!!
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 getting oil into air intake

Your engine probably needs a rebuild. Could be blowby, could be head gasket. How does it run? Does it smoke?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Does the oil level read above "half-way" up the hatches on the dipstick? (could be carb issue/fuel in oil). Do an oil change and add ONLY 1 QT oil, drive it regularly and see if the oil level creeps "fuller".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:24 PM   #4
Spook
Not Yet Wild

It was running fine and then it started to run as if it had gone into lower gear or something. It just started smoking today but it only does it after the oil backs up into the pipe where the air filter is before the carb!!
Old 03-01-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
Spook
Not Yet Wild

Could it possibly be caused by the air filter being either too big or too small since its exposed???
Old 03-01-2016, 08:59 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Using an open air filter can change the air/fuel mix, but it shouldn't make oil come up through the intake.

What year and make is this?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:32 AM   #7
Spook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Your engine probably needs a rebuild. Could be blowby, could be head gasket. How does it run? Does it smoke?
It ran fine until it started to do this! It just started smoking and it only does it when it seems to have a back up of the oil out of the valve cover and into the air filter pipe I've created prior to the carb.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #8
Spook
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha G2 and I think it's a 1991 or 1992 but I can't remember for sure!
Old 03-02-2016, 09:42 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Does the oil level read above "half-way" up the hatches on the dipstick? (could be carb issue/fuel in oil). Do an oil change and add ONLY 1 QT oil, drive it regularly and see if the oil level creeps "fuller".
Have you tried this yet?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:09 PM   #10
Spook
Not Yet Wild

I haven't tried changing the oil yet, but I will be able to get to that later next week! Been too busy with kids and work and spring break starts today!!!! I'll let u know what I come up with! Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha