lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Tire Pressure Question

I have EFX Pro-Rider 215/50/12 tires on my EZGO TXT. Rear tires have lasted me 3 years. Just replaced front tires in September. Tire guys over-inflated (50 psi) and they wore out in 6 months. Just got a new set and I made sure the tires were inflated to recommended 35 PSI. They still seem to be overinflated at this pressure and are hard as a rock. I'm going to run them today at this pressure, but was wondering if anybody here has had the same problem with this tire?
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2016, 09:50 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Tire Pressure Question

Max psi should be marked on tire, must be a rough ride, don't know about DOT street tires
but I run 8 lbs in my atv tires, lowering the pressure isn't going to stop wear though.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:57 AM   #3
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe just a soft compound tire?
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:33 AM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270Handiman View Post
Maybe just a soft compound tire?
Looked it up and yep its a soft compunded DOT tire just for golf carts...

I can only guess they rode like chit at 50 pounds and not much better at 35 either...

Long ago I learnt that you can't trust tire shops near as much as you can trust yourself and a high quality gauge in your own garage; I've been using the same dial gauge since the early 80's...

I'd be trying something more like 28 to 30 psi all around and judging from there. Too high a pressure will eat out the center and too low will eat the edges but only you can be the judge according to how the ride feels.

Also if your front end is out of wack with too much toe that will also flat out eat some tire thread....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:10 AM   #5
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

a simple chalk test will show wear pattern . place chalk across tread and drive 30 feet and stop and check wear lower or raise pressure as needed
Swan is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO