lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2016, 12:00 AM   #11
DanoHB
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anybody changed the annoying back-up sound to lights?

Forget that. I will just muffle it a little, but still add lights then.
DanoHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2016, 12:09 AM   #12
crash test dummy

to add the lights just tap into the buzzer... it is 12v
Old 03-27-2016, 06:53 AM   #13
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
you must have lots of money to waste
gota love them lawyers..

The accident occurred in May 2007 when the Asheboro, N.C., resident was standing behind the electric golf cart at the Isle of Palms home she and family members had rented for a vacation stay, said her lawyer, Nathan Hughey of Mount Pleasant.

The case, Hopkins v. Parker,C.A. No. 2007-CP-4659, centered on the plaintiff's claim that she could have avoided injury if the cart's reverse warning buzzer had not been disconnected.

A 3-year-old child hopped onto the cart as it was idling in the driveway and engaged it, Hughey said
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:36 AM   #14
lugnut151
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

All you have to do is run a relay in the power wire and run the signal wire to the buzzer switch. I did have it but have since moved the lights to another project
lugnut151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:22 AM   #15
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Just like to know what direction I'm going.
Yep
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:49 AM   #16
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

May I offer a suggestion??? I have done both here and am with the others on having a back up buzzer since it's a safety precaution... Relocate the existing buzzer closer to the rear of the cart in an area that's not so close to you so the noise isn't so loud but still gives others an audible warning... This would only require you to extend the wiring to the buzzer and you could still have lights.. This would enable you to have an audible and a visual back up system... You would have to have additional wire for the led's anyway so this would achieve the project you wanted and still have a buzzer that's less annoying to your ears...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #17
DanoHB
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
May I offer a suggestion??? I have done both here and am with the others on having a back up buzzer since it's a safety precaution... Relocate the existing buzzer closer to the rear of the cart in an area that's not so close to you so the noise isn't so loud but still gives others an audible warning... This would only require you to extend the wiring to the buzzer and you could still have lights.. This would enable you to have an audible and a visual back up system... You would have to have additional wire for the led's anyway so this would achieve the project you wanted and still have a buzzer that's less annoying to your ears...
I like it. That sounds perfect t. Thanks.
DanoHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:12 AM   #18
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Your welcome bro... A happy medium with a good, safe and fun running cart is the goal here.. I pride myself on being able to help all home online carters that are needing help without the costly expense of a shop.. BGW is a forum built on the basis of good people like me and you that just need advice.. Good luck and enjoy the cart.. Sounds like you have a great cart... Let us know how it goes.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:44 AM   #19
SRDCOMPOSITES
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
gota love them lawyers..

The accident occurred in May 2007 when the Asheboro, N.C., resident was standing behind the electric golf cart at the Isle of Palms home she and family members had rented for a vacation stay, said her lawyer, Nathan Hughey of Mount Pleasant.

The case, Hopkins v. Parker,C.A. No. 2007-CP-4659, centered on the plaintiff's claim that she could have avoided injury if the cart's reverse warning buzzer had not been disconnected.

A 3-year-old child hopped onto the cart as it was idling in the driveway and engaged it, Hughey said
More Interesting read that part carefully the Electric cart was Idling in the driveway
SRDCOMPOSITES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #20
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRDCOMPOSITES View Post
More Interesting read that part carefully the Electric cart was Idling in the driveway
your missing the point ... it is a lawsuit waiting to happen if you mess with the back up buzzer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO