lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2017, 01:40 AM   #21
RR4406PAK
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1988 Club car runs only with light pedal pressure

I have noticed a lot of black oil leaking out of the vent on the fuel pump.
Why is this?
After a ride, when I come to a complete stop, I can actually hear the oil bubbling out of the fuel pump vent... Makes a hissing sound.
RR4406PAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2017, 01:43 AM   #22
RR4406PAK
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Here's a view of where that crankcase breather hose hooks into the crankcase. It goes over the top of the carb and into a small hole on the backside of the air cleaner housing (that meimk mentioned). You can see the hose going into the air cleaner in the earlier photo I posted yesterday of the fuel filters.

I've looked on my air cleaner where you say the crankcase breather hose goes but there is no nipple to attach the hose to.
Should there be one there?
Old 03-05-2017, 07:24 AM   #23
cruisinkruty
Gone Wild
Club Car

that fuel pump runs off of pressure pulses. If its loading up with oil,you probably have way too much blowby around the piston rings. Scored cylinder,or out of round or tapered cylinder. Pull the head and inspect
cruisinkruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:15 AM   #24
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR4406PAK View Post
I've looked on my air cleaner where you say the crankcase breather hose goes but there is no nipple to attach the hose to.
Should there be one there?
No there's no nipple, it's just a small hole in the back of the air cleaner, you just stuff the end of the hose into the hole.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #25
RR4406PAK
Not Yet Wild

Ahhh, I see.
Maybe because I plugged this crankcase breather hose (with a bolt) is why I'm getting leakage from the fuel pump vent? It would seem the pressure would have nowhere else to go correct?

Also, my oil light keeps flickering on.
I try to fill the oil in the engine (to the point it can't hold anymore) but it still comes on. Anything to worry about here?
Old 03-05-2017, 03:52 PM   #26
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR4406PAK View Post
Ahhh, I see.
Maybe because I plugged this crankcase breather hose (with a bolt) is why I'm getting leakage from the fuel pump vent? It would seem the pressure would have nowhere else to go correct?

Also, my oil light keeps flickering on.
I try to fill the oil in the engine (to the point it can't hold anymore) but it still comes on. Anything to worry about here?
If you've filled the oil to the point it can't hold any more, then you've overfilled it (a non-no), and the oil level is now likely high enough that it's likely getting into the vacuum signal hose that runs your fuel pump. This would be why you have oil coming out of the fuel pump vent. You may now have to open the fuel pump and clean it out if it's got oil up in it. Then you of course need to set your breather hose up correctly since you know how it goes now, which will also help.

These motors only take about a quart of oil (the exact amount should be in the manual I sent you). If you added the correct amount, and it isn't leaking; but your oil light is still coming on; then the problem is somewhere in your oil light circuit.

The oil light in these old KF82 engines (1984-1991) is nothing more than an oil fill level indicator. The motor is internally oiled by a splash tab fastened to the crankshaft that dips in and out of the oil sump at high speed splashing it around the inside of the crankcase.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:59 PM   #27
RR4406PAK
Not Yet Wild

If the oil light is merely an oil level indicator. Does this mean if the cart is on a level surface (and the oil level light is working correctly) and the oil light is on, that I can add oil and watch the light until it goes off?
Or does the light only respond correctly when the engine is running?
Old 03-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #28
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Why not use the dip stick to check the oil level?
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:21 PM   #29
RR4406PAK
Not Yet Wild

Because when I check the oil it says its only around 30% of the fill mark.
If I screw the dipstick in all the way it says full, but the sticker on the engine says not to screw it in to check the oil.
So I just set the dipstick in there like it says but can't get it to read full.
I put more oil in but it just ends up on the ground. Maybe I'm pouring it in too fast or something...
Old 03-05-2017, 09:43 PM   #30
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Check the dip stick tube. It my not be seated into the engine like it should be.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1988 club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car