lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #71
dschaffer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: To build or to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
That I think is a G8? At least the price is workable, but I don't know if you want a cart that old. Not a bad cart just is it what you want. If it run and you could cut a deal on it I'd buy it anyway, its worth that running. You can sell it easily. If it has major issues then not such a great deal.
I think it has sold. It had an oil leak and was rougher looking in person Rhein in the pics. It also had a bit of a screeching sound when I took my foot off the gas. Might be normal but I thought it sounded like the clutch was acting up. Anyway, the hunt continues. !
dschaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2017, 04:46 PM   #72
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Posting deleted, likely sold at that pricing around here. It will be on there in a month with new spraycan paint and cheapo lift for $2500.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:30 AM   #73
Monster-cart250
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

There is something to be said about the older carts, if you cant buy the part you can make it or make another part work. I have a have a 1992 Yamaha G2 that I built for around 600$. Be happy to share my build info with you. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/pictu...ictureid=26351
Monster-cart250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:42 AM   #74
dschaffer
Not Yet Wild

How's this for a deal? Could I get rid of the dump bed and put a seat back there? https://nmi.craigslist.org/grd/6237220312.html
Thanks
Old 08-24-2017, 06:36 PM   #75
dschaffer
Not Yet Wild

A guy just offered me a 96 Club car for $1100. It seems to run pretty good once it's warmed up. Doesn't like the cold. He bought it this past spring and had to take out the baffles in the muffler to make it run. It appears to be pretty much all stock. Far from a beauty queen but functional. The previous owner made a wooden bed for it and it has no roof. I've been searching for a Yamaha but they are hard to find in my area unless you want to pay a lot. I'm probably only interested in this because it's just a few miles down the road from me. Any thoughts?
Old 08-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #76
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can always get rid of a cart if you don't pay too much, you can find what you want in the mean time.

Personally I don't care for CC they are harder to mod for offroad use, my main use, so I would not be very interested unless I planned to use it in stock form. Would I ride one around the yard I got cheap, well of course I would.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:08 PM   #77
dschaffer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
You can always get rid of a cart if you don't pay too much, you can find what you want in the mean time.

Personally I don't care for CC they are harder to mod for offroad use, my main use, so I would not be very interested unless I planned to use it in stock form. Would I ride one around the yard I got cheap, well of course I would.
What would you pay for a 96 in fair/poor but useable shape? I would probably be happy just by adding a new muffler and a back seat. But that looks to be around $400.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #78
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I don't think its worth no 1K, 300-800 depending on condition. Really depends on what cash you need to put into it. The back seat is your call, I mean to make the cart function as a stock cart. If you need to buy a bunch or parts or new seats or whatever, and labor, you end up with a fixed old cart for same cash would have bought you newer one (that was not broken/worn out).

I could have bought a carryall2 for not much more than that a couple years ago, it was pretty good shape for age. Motor seemed a little tired it turned over really easily. Thats one with alum box on back and longer than normal cart.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:40 PM   #79
dschaffer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I don't think its worth no 1K, 300-800 depending on condition. Really depends on what cash you need to put into it. The back seat is your call, I mean to make the cart function as a stock cart. If you need to buy a bunch or parts or new seats or whatever, and labor, you end up with a fixed old cart for same cash would have bought you newer one (that was not broken/worn out).

I could have bought a carryall2 for not much more than that a couple years ago, it was pretty good shape for age. Motor seemed a little tired it turned over really easily. Thats one with alum box on back and longer than normal cart.
As always, thanks for the advice. I just need to be patient and wait for the right Yamaha.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #80
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I think 1500 for the carryall2 it was nice for age nothing really wrong but the engine seemed tired. They are more hassle to outfit for offroad I would have had a lot of money into it lifted with a clone engine, and I didn't like how it sat like a couch felt like I would fly off it on a trail. I really liked the carryall body and length compared to a normal cart. The extra cost to replace the cvt and other things for my use made me turn it down or it would have been a good deal I think. If it would have been an ezgo or yamaha I would have it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha