lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #1
charley654
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 G22A eating up new replacement belts

replaced the belt on my 2006 g22a.
The orginal belt that was on seems to be the original belt. The rubber was hardened up with minor cracking between the ribs, but did not have issues other than rough speed transition do to flat spots on the clutch rollers.
I ordered a belt on Amazon ( did I make a mistake?) received a belt with a number printed 10989, no country of origin. seemed to be soft rubber belt.
This belt lasted about 3 rides, about 3 miles each ride.
The belt started to shred on the top (widest part) and pulling the string/cord part out.
Eventually, keep pulling the cord till all rubber shredded to pieces and the cart stopped.
The seller sent a new belt stating it was from a defective batch, the new one should work fine, it did not. It did the same thing. Gone in three rides.
Ordered another belt from a local golf cart parts supplier in Austin Texas.
Received the same belt with same part number.
What am I doing wrong? Are they sending me the wrong belt? Or am I shopping int he wrong places?
I asked to see if they have an original yamaha belt - not aftermarket the answer was no.
Clutches surface looks smooth there are no gouges or rough spots.
What is going on here? :)
charley654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2017, 10:02 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 G22A eating up new replacement belts

J55-G6241 is the part number of the belt you need, a real Yamaha belt, no aftermarket stuff. I'm assuming you fixed the front clutch. You need to inspect the rear clutch, you twist the rear sliding sheave (the inner pulley on the rear clutch). Then try to see if the bushing is messed up.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:20 AM   #3
charley654
Not Yet Wild

Thank you,
could you point me to a reputable vendor that does not try to trick buyers.
thanks
charley654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:03 AM   #4
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

For all Yamaha original parts, I usually order on boats.net. They are not sponsor, unfortunately, but have only original parts at really good prices!

Once I had to wait 2 weeks, but it was the fault of Yamaha...

I changed my primary clutch and installed a power spring last year and a friend of mine having the same cart did it last month with the same parts.

We ordered 2 belts (from a sponsor) and mine was starting to de-laminate in less than 3 miles (sometimes we buy garbage), his a bit more but same. Later, I bought a GBoost severe duty (double clogged) and my friend took the heavy duty (single clogged). Apparently it was also an error, even "made in USA"... I have no trouble with the severe duty, but the other failed after less than 50 miles! After having contacted them, they indicated that with a new performance clutch and power spring, only the double clogged was the way to go!

What is funny is that when I changed my clutch last year, I reinstalled the original belt and no trouble for more than a year... and they claim their belts are superior to the OEM? Perhaps the severe duty, but definitely not the heavy duty!

Would mine fail, I shall definitely go back to an original and nothing else, made is USA or not!!!
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha