lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2017, 11:52 PM   #1
Ashdigger
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G2 wont idle

Guys, my G2 runs great but will not idle, I've looked for other post on this and cant find anything, I have the air filter box sealed, carb idle screw adjusted and it just dies as soon as I let off of the gas. Could it be the carb just worn out? any help would be appreciated,
thanks in advance!!
Ashdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2017, 05:57 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 wont idle

A golf cart is not made to idle. It starts and stops with the accelerator pedal. If the top switch under the accelerator pedal is working properly, it shuts the engine off when you take your foot off of the pedal.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:44 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You can hold the pedal on and set the idle speed and mix. If you want it to idle you can bypass the pedal switch so it stays on, but can have issues with belt drag and not being able to shift well as the clutch is not made to idle like some others are. There is no reason to have it idle, the cart is made to work that way and saves fuel, no reason other than people are not used to it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:17 AM   #4
Ashdigger
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well I wasn't clear on that, I thought it would idle between a quick stop and go at 0 mph, I understand now, everything is working as it should, I thought I had a problem, Thanks for the information!!
Ashdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:21 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If you never used a cart before, yep it don't idle it stops when you let off the pedal. You can set the idle mix and speed just a hair above the starter speed, it will help it start faster, in fact turn the idle mix out quarter turn more than a proper setting it helps starting. The gen will start the cart a million times you don't have to worry about it, eventually the brushes wear out but takes decades. Then it charges at higher rpm while you drive. It is actually a hybrid no-idle system to be technical. What I like best is I hit the seat and I'm gone, no starting and putting in gear like UTVs.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha