lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
Vaughn
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Bolt Pattern

Silly question but are the wheel bolt patterns the same from Yamaha and EZ Go? Thanks.

Last edited by Vaughn; 11-02-2017 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: Found the answer.
Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2017, 08:24 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bolt Pattern

Yep. The Yamaha is metric and the EZGo is SAE but the conversion math makes them pretty much the same. The sames wheels will fit on each.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #3
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

err pretty much the same?

It might work but mathematically speaking, the tapers on the wheel and lug nuts will not quite line up. It may be ok for shuttling around, but i would not trust it myself.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
err pretty much the same?

It might work but mathematically speaking, the tapers on the wheel and lug nuts will not quite line up. It may be ok for shuttling around, but i would not trust it myself.
The "Pattern" is the exact same, 4X4" or 4X100mm - the studs are the difference IE SAE vs Metric threads, so yes, they are fully interchangeable, not just "close" ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:38 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I respect your undoubted knowledge here but if you research you will find although they may fit. Metric, ie Yamaha are 100mm, and club car and Ezgo are actually 101.68 as near as, which is 4 inch. I was having wheels made for golf carts 13 years ago overseas and tests showed that if you did not use the correct PCD, you struggled to get them centred on the hub and ended up getting wobble while driving and in some cases the lug nuts came loose. I will respect anyone elses opinion. But this is mine. I'm not trying to start an argument and I don't mind being proved wrong lol.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:15 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

No worries, wasn't trying to start anything either, LOL ... Most of the aftermarket wheels available here in the states are manufactured to 4X100 spec overseas anyhow, so for the Yamaha it should be fine, at least for the OP.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #7
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Brewcitymusic. As a point of reference, do you happen to have a metric hub and an Ezgo/club car wheel ( or vice versa) handy for an experiment? I ask as years ago I heard some wheel manufacturers were producing wheels to "fit" both, by making the hole centres larger to accommodate Jap and American/British PCD rims. If you miss Match the wheel to the hub and just put One lug nut on, see how the diagonally opposite studs sit in the corresponding hole. My bet is that it would not be centered. This is why in my past research we kept the PCD's correct. So, if you were to do, as a lot of people happen To do, tighten one lug nut up tight. The other three are not going to align correctly in their tapered holes. This is what causes the wobble and loose lug nuts. Again I am not trying to argue, I am simply looking at the safety angle.

And to the OP. The only silly question is the one you didn't ask.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #8
cfherrman
Gone Wild

They are lug centric, so getting it wrong would take a lot.

I have had Harley 4 on 4 tires and whatever the cart came with and trailer tires on my cart.
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #9
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

my g-29 has car wire wheels 13''x8 that are true 4''x4
they required a bit of grinding to get to fit right
not a lot but the extra 1.67 mm is real if tight tolerance on the wheel holes
something that made for cart wheels likely are not that tight but some car wheels are
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #10
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I have 8 carts; 2 Yamahas, a Club Car, an EZ Go, 2 Columbias, and a Cushman. I have switched wheels on these things many many times back and forth. They are interchangable.

Check out 8 inch chrome / mag style wheels. They are sold with no differentiation between cart brands because there is no need to.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha