lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2017, 09:58 PM   #1
MrGriz
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Should the Numbers Match?

I recently bought what was sold to me as a 2005 G22A. I'm new to the cart world and took his word for it and now it's been suggested to me that it's actually a G16...

I know the VIN number appears in a few different places on the cart, but shouldn't they all match? The left side of the dash shows JU0-210870, the sticker behind the driver's side of the seat cushion is JU0-F4236-30 and the tag on the top of the motor reads JF6-150742.

I've seen posts about people buying carts that were cobbled together from different parts and I'm wondering if that's what I have here. I looked up the number and the JU0 indicates that it is a G22. I'm about to order some parts and I want to make sure that I'm ordering for the right cart.
MrGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2017, 01:05 AM   #2
74Beeper
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Should the Numbers Match?

One way to see which chassis/suspension you have is by looking at the front coil over shocks..... the G22 has a strut design with a channel bracket on bottom and G14,16,19 has a regular looking coil over with normal rubber bushings in the eyelets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
74Beeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:04 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Should the Numbers Match?

And the G22 park brake is on the upper left corner of the pedal. The G16 park brake goes the whole width across the top of the pedal. To verify if the engine is correct, if you remove the air filter housing, the engine size is embossed on top of the block. G22 will be 357cc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170227_121512.jpg (468.6 KB, 0 views)
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:11 AM   #4
74Beeper
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yep.... Here’s my G22 (before mods). Upper left park brake

Old 11-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #5
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGriz View Post
...but shouldn't they all match?
Not really as they do not all represent your serial#...

Quote:
JU0-210870
This is a serial number, hopefully yours...

Quote:
JU0-F4236-30
This is a part number (Body Mark 2).

Quote:
JF6-150742.
This is the engine serial number.
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The prefix of a Yamaha serial number indicates model. The second part of a Yamaha serial number (suffix) indicates year and build sequence. The second part of the serial number will never have a letter in it, only numbers (and there will be 6 numbers). In general, the first number of the suffix will give you the year of the cart in reference to that model. A 0 as the first number would indicate the first year of production of that model (in your case 2005 G22a). JU0 indicates G22 gas. A 1 would indicate second year of G22a production. A 2 would indicate third year of G22a production, and so on. Any Yamaha number with only 5 characters after the prefix, or containing any letters is always going to be a part number for the item you are looking at. And the numbers won't always match the prefix of the model of the cart you are looking at if the part was carried over from the previous model, or also used on the other counterpart of that model (like parts used in common on both gas and electric of that given model). The "used on both models" parts will usually have the prefix of the gas model.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:25 PM   #7
74Beeper
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The prefix of a Yamaha serial number indicates model. The second part of a Yamaha serial number (suffix) indicates year and build sequence. The second part of the serial number will never have a letter in it, only numbers (and there will be 6 numbers). In general, the first number of the suffix will give you the year of the cart in reference to that model. A 0 as the first number would indicate the first year of production of that model (in your case 2005 G22a). JU0 indicates G22 gas. A 1 would indicate second year of G22a production. A 2 would indicate third year of G22a production, and so on. Any Yamaha number with only 5 characters after the prefix, or containing any letters is always going to be a part number for the item you are looking at. And the numbers won't always match the prefix of the model of the cart you are looking at if the part was carried over from the previous model, or also used on the other counterpart of that model (like parts used in common on both gas and electric of that given model). The "used on both models" parts will usually have the prefix of the gas model.

cgtech..... I always enjoy your answers. You sir, are a wealth of knowledge!

Old 11-15-2017, 12:08 AM   #8
MrGriz
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thank you all! I'm glad to know exactly what I have and how to find out more information in the future.
MrGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha