lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2018, 07:37 AM   #11
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Starter/Solenoid issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Follow the ground path of the small terminals on the solenoid. Should NOT have power at both small terminals.

As stated here, you should not see power on both small terminals. One should see battery positive and the other one should see ground, i suspect your ground connection is broken or corroded badly if the solenoid is not clicking.

remove the ground wire from the solenoid and temporarily run a wire from the solenoid ground terminal direct to battery ground to see if this is where the problem lies. If this works then you need to repair or replace the existing ground connection.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2018, 08:23 AM   #12
1arunem
Gone Wild

Thanks. Will check ground on solenoid first. I did have to replace the ring terminal on the small wire that attached to the battery end (-) but did not check the wire completely.
Perhaps that is where the issue lies.

Will try a temporary ground as suggested and report back.
Thanks!

Unfortunately I am at work now so it will likely be later tonight..
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #13
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1arunem View Post
Maybe a silly question but I don't see the starter solenoid on the diagram? Am I missing it?
FYI: #9, calling it a “relay” (which it is)
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #14
1arunem
Gone Wild

Got it. Thanks! Will check tonight..
Old 04-24-2018, 07:08 AM   #15
1arunem
Gone Wild

Ok, ran a temp ground to the term that had the black wire on the solenoid and it now operates as it should.

Is there any problem with simply running a new individual ground to this terminal? Everything else seems to function as normal.

Thanks!

BTW, the cart I am working on has been sitting a few years. Got it to use for parts but actually fired it off last night (motor shows 125psi). I poured and little fuel in the carb but it didn't want to keep running so next step (it was late after son's practice) is checking the fuel/carb situation.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:13 AM   #16
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

yes, running a new ground should be fine, but if you have corrosion on the orriginal causing a problem, then i think you need to trace the fault and check any other grounds too to save other similar failures in the future.

Just my thoughts?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:13 AM   #17
1arunem
Gone Wild

Got her up and running (this is a cart I acquired really as parts but decided to see what it needs to run).

Only problem is there is pretty significant smoke coming from the exhaust. Compression at 125psi. I had put in a brand new plug when I started working on it. Old plug was pretty oil fouled so I had my suspicions.

Thinking maybe ring issue?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha