lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #1
walte1fr
Not Yet Wild

Default Recommendations club car vs Yamaha

Any recommendations? 2009-2010 club car precedence gas or 2010 yamaha drive?
Looking for solid frame and mechanics but I will do all the upgrades myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
walte1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2018, 05:35 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Recommendations club car vs Yamaha

Walt, opinions are going to be all over the map. I prefer the Club Car because of the solid aluminum frame and it is what I am most familiar with.

Hope this helps.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I wouldn't own a precedent but, to each their own. CC precedent will eat front suspension parts and front tires for the life of the cart. Welds on frame break, making the cart into a flexi noodle. Roof support system is flimsy in the rear. We see few CC gassers here, so I can't say just what else gas-specific to look for. Yamahas a solid cart with top notch motor and suspension. Most common failure, but not super common, is governor failure. This will allow you some sweet top speeds if it happens. You can fix it, or just regulate speed yourself, won't cause further damage (if top speeds are regulated below "blow up the engine" speeds). If top speed goes from 17mph, to 32mph, that's what happened. I would prefer to look for a 2015 or newer to avoid that other axle. Privately owned carts are always preferred to golf course cars in the used market, no matter the brand.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:01 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Depends on where you live... if you live by the beach or rust belt, I'd probably choose the club car due to aluminum frame won't rust. If not, I'd just pick whichever you can get a better deal on. As long as the frame is solid I think the rest doesn't really matter too much, most people customize and during that customization will upgrade any weak points anyway. But in a used cart, car, lawnmower, atv, whatever... Whichever was better maintained over it's life will be the better buy long term.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #5
walte1fr
Not Yet Wild

I agree. Thanks. I opened this topic for opinions. That’s all I’m looking for. Keep them coming

Old 05-04-2018, 11:27 PM   #6
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I don’t think you can go wrong with either. But in regards to the previous post saying a CC front end is weak and welds break, my ‘01 DS is solid and my brother in laws precedent is too. He’s harder on his than I am on mine but both are problem free. I think the club car I-beam chassis is superior,but again either one will make a great cart....
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Welds broken are the "cross beams" that tie the two frame rails together. The two long beams are plenty sturdy. The front suspension thing does exist, or Jake's wouldn't have made a correction kit (that does help, but not totally fixed either). Just my opinion, but to me the CC gas is the least desirable of the "big 3" cart manufacturer gas models. I would not have a "Kawasaki powered" Ezgo either (dont like the "hopping balance weight" used in CC and newer Ezgo Kawasaki engines). For gassers, go Yamaha.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:43 AM   #8
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Welds broken are the "cross beams" that tie the two frame rails together. The two long beams are plenty sturdy. The front suspension thing does exist, or Jake's wouldn't have made a correction kit (that does help, but not totally fixed either). Just my opinion, but to me the CC gas is the least desirable of the "big 3" cart manufacturer gas models. I would not have a "Kawasaki powered" Ezgo either (dont like the "hopping balance weight" used in CC and newer Ezgo Kawasaki engines). For gassers, go Yamaha.
Idk, we have a JD gator with the FE290 in it and it’s probably late 80’s model and we’ve done nothing to it in 20yrs. It pulls loaded hay wagons, firewood, etc and it’s used year round in PA on farm. These engines are workhorses! Yeah, it’s not a speed demon, but I’ll take durability over speed any day. And that’s what you’ll get in a CC DS
zingerbateman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #9
walte1fr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone. They had both in stock side by side the Yamaha was a lot smoother ride. Guess I’ll report back on a review if anything goes wrong

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha