lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
ravss555
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Oil Pump

Hi, I have did a lot of reading in the G1 oil pumps and all I really got out of it was that I should mix to be sure there is no problems, I get that, although I do not want to. Questions is, How much should this thing be using? It seems the ratio is like 100:1 I marked the oil resivor with a red marker a day or two ago. I have about 3-4 hours at most on it, it does not appear the level has dropped? From the ratio I doubt it would, but throwing it out there and trying to get some opinion.
ravss555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G1 Oil Pump

I bought my G1 last Sept. and have put about 50 hours on it. The oil tank was full when I bought it and is still full. I don't think it dropped 3/8 of an inch.
jjastram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:41 PM   #3
ravss555
Not Yet Wild

OK Thanks, and you do not mix it, you just trust the pump like I am?
ravss555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:47 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Here is the deal if you have a good running g1 it's not if but when the oil injection fails it might be tomorrow it might be two years from now but you won't know when it does until it's to late I run my g1 at 100:1 hard mostly wide open i suggest deleting the oil injection and premix the fuel these things don't burn much gas and have a large tank it's more of a preventative maintenance
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Couldn't agree more with Spicy.

That said, when working properly those pumps sip oil. When mine was operational I would fill it every couple of years (literally). Granted, this was primarily summer / weekends only.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha