lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2018, 08:54 AM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2001 FE90 no spark

I have disconnected the rev limiter and still no spark. Replaced the ignition coil and plug, now it's on and off, mostly off. What else do I need to check?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 FE90 no spark

If you unplug the bullet connector on the white/black tracer wire near the oil dipstick tube it will disable the "kill" circuit. That means the micro switch, ignition switch & the wiring in that circuit are taken out of the equation. If you've already disabled the RPM limiter, the engine should run that way (for testing purposes). If the ignition still shuts down that way the only possibilities are the ignition coil itself and the few inches of wire between the coil and the RPM limiter. In rare cases I have seen that pinched and grounding against the engine block.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...iagrams-2.html
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
rshurson1
Not Yet Wild

How's the plug wire? They go bad too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
rshurson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:26 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
If you unplug the bullet connector on the white/black tracer wire near the oil dipstick tube it will disable the "kill" circuit. That means the micro switch, ignition switch & the wiring in that circuit are taken out of the equation. If you've already disabled the RPM limiter, the engine should run that way (for testing purposes). If the ignition still shuts down that way the only possibilities are the ignition coil itself and the few inches of wire between the coil and the RPM limiter. In rare cases I have seen that pinched and grounding against the engine block.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...iagrams-2.html
I unplugged the bullet connector. I thought that was disabling the rev limiter. Maybe I haven't disabled the rev limiter? How do I disable it? Coil came with a new plug wire. I guess I need to go back in and check the wire going to the coil as well.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:32 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The RPM limiter is the black plastic box just above the oil drain plug. There is a brown wire that ends at one of the bolts that holds the RPM limiter itself in place. Disconnect that ground wire and you've defeated the RPM limiter. One other thing: if you got one of the aftermarket coils they are notoriously unreliable. We've seen so many of them go bad that we only install the OE (made by Kawasaki) coils any more.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:19 PM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
The RPM limiter is the black plastic box just above the oil drain plug. There is a brown wire that ends at one of the bolts that holds the RPM limiter itself in place. Disconnect that ground wire and you've defeated the RPM limiter. One other thing: if you got one of the aftermarket coils they are notoriously unreliable. We've seen so many of them go bad that we only install the OE (made by Kawasaki) coils any more.
Thank you! Rev limiter it is, now that I bypassed it correctly. I'm kinda glad cause I was dreading going back in that shroud!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car