lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2018, 06:14 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: drive belt questions

I'd recommend taking the clutches off and taking a good close look at them. Make sure they're lubed well, not worn out, and operate smoothly. Something is off and if it's not a cheap belt just coming apart one of the clutches either has a bad spot on the sheave or is not sliding correctly.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2018, 06:37 PM   #12
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I'd recommend taking the clutches off and taking a good close look at them. Make sure they're lubed well, not worn out, and operate smoothly. Something is off and if it's not a cheap belt just coming apart one of the clutches either has a bad spot on the sheave or is not sliding correctly.

Not something I am familiar with is there any links for this?

I can say this the drive clutch closes smoothly and the driven clutch opens on acceleration smoothly and closes smoothly on deceleration, what about a rear end issue or a dragging brake issue,? remember I have lost about 5mph of my top speed
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:50 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The sheaves (surfaces of the clutches where the belt rides) should be smooth, and straight from the center portion to the outer edge if you laid a straight edge on it. Any curving (dishing) is wear and indicates the clutch needs replaced.

Remove the belt and slide the clutch in/out by hand. Inspect it carefully for anything sharp or abrasive that might damage the belt.

If the cheap aftermarket belt isnt the cause of theissue, I dont know what else could cause that outside of damage clutches.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:07 AM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDZ6FNAvLnc
Watch this video, then go out and do this on your cart and see if your clutches act the same way.

Put the cart in maintenance mode: on the back of the FNR lever there is a small yellow wheel with three notches on it. Pull the wheel out (towards the engine) and spin it 1/2 turn and make sure it clicks back down into place on the dowel pin.
Now with the lever in neutral, key On, push the gas pedal and the engine will start and run.
Push the pedal slowly to the floor and watch the operation of your clutches. (The belt should be installed for this) They should act exactly as the above video shows. If they do not, then one or both of the clutches need to be rebuilt. If they act as shown in the video, the belt is the problem.

These clutches are NOT Lubricated! They are designed and meant to be run dry. Any lubrication causes dirt to stick to the moving parts of the clutch and causes extreme premature wear of the clutch.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #15
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

running today turns inside out
Old 12-10-2018, 05:33 PM   #16
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

here
Old 12-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #17
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVmwHO1FIbA
Old 12-11-2018, 12:29 AM   #18
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I think that belt is just way too big.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #19
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I've watched the video about 10 times in a row...
I find it unusual that the engine vibrates/twists a lot as compared to the transaxle. (almost like a broken motor mount on a car)

Check the distance between both of the clutch bolts, it should be 9-5/8" center to center for a stock sized drive belt,
also check the engine mounting bolts for tightness, and inspect the engine cradle tubes for cracks or breaks.

From what I see, there's WAY too much twist in the engine, and would cause clutch misalignment/belt failure.
lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #20
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Not a club car expert by any means, but belts flipping over are usually caused misalignment issues, and as Lockman pointed out something is allowing a lot of movement like something loose or broken.You can see why under a load it is flipping the belt.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car