lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2009, 04:23 AM   #11
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Adding turn signals to '07 Precedent w/lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgMatey View Post
still looking where those red wires go....to the frame and brake switches according to the diagram. Guess I'll be splicing wires once I figure out which ones.
No frame grounding please. On my Precedent it had frame grounding done by the CC dealer and I found where it was and changed it. Not a good thing to do for possible down the road problems.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
ArgMatey
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Some pictures from under the dash.
First pic is the horn connector that did connect to the plug in pic3. Note white, brown/white, yellow wired are spliced and orange and blue/white actually go up to the horn button.

Pic2 is the connector from the turn signal kit. Solid red terminates in female spade connector. Red/white has an inline fuse and terminates in another female spade connector. See pic5 - there's also a red wire with plug terminator that comes from the signal kit.

Pic4 is the signal kit plugged into the light kit connector....note wire colors DON'T match, but turn signals do work properly....just having a bit of a go getting the brakes back....

Thanks for your help!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2481.jpg (49.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2482.jpg (46.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2483.jpg (26.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2484.jpg (37.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2485.jpg (92.1 KB, 19 views)
ArgMatey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

For now...this may help a bit to understand brake lights...I will pull my dash down later to compare color positions.

Brake lights work this... There is a 12V battery feed to one side of brake switch--> brake switch applied it sends the 12V thru on "ONE" wire up to the turn signal connector---> the thurn lever assembly splits the ONE IN signal wire into TWO OUT back down the harness to the individual brake/turn signal lights.

The turn signals work off a different power feed. These work off a 12V signal wire in which is used to power the turn signals and the horn. So since your turn signals are working...that is wired right. leave it alone!

One of those wires left is the wire that gets fed the 12V when the brake pedal is applied. Take a voltmeter and check to see which wire is getting 12volts ONLY when brake pressed. Then we will figure which wire to hook it to.

If your hown is not working...that is probably what the other stray wire is for. Remember the horn gets its power from the 12V hot feed at all times which also activates the turn signals...so we know its getting the feed because the turns are working. So now see if one of those 2 stray wires is getting 12V when pushing the horn button. hopefully it is and then you know the other stray wire is for the brake pedal light power feed

did ya get all that
Im trying here its hard to type whats in the head
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #14
ArgMatey
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Out to the g'rage....voltmeter in hand.
Thanks
Old 05-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #15
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Quote:
Out to the g'rage....voltmeter in hand.
Thanks

Dont get frustrated----you can do it man!!
DOnt forget the necessary beer in the cup holder while your working
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #16
ArgMatey
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well call me stupid and slap me upside the head....
I went to the source, meaning I took up the floor mat, took off the cover plate and found the brake switch and wires. Volt check and got NOTHING....then, thinking (dangerous but sometimes I get away with it) I put the key in and turned ON... Got a reading at the brake switch. So, put everything back and connected the R/W wire on the connector to the dangling red wire from the signal kit; pressed the brake pedal; BRAKE LIGHTS!!!

Turns out the solid red wire on the connector is ALWAYS HOT so moved the flasher connection to there. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY...

Thanks to all....you know I'll be back

No beers were harmed during this stunt...several diet colas, however, met their maker....
Old 05-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #17
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

I did the exact same thing when I installed the first light kit. Hooked it all up, everything worked,,,horn, turn sigs. headlights...but no frickin brake lights. Ended tracig wire all the way back and still no power, no fuse to find, said screw it and was going to take cart for a ride to relax...went and got the key from inside house, turned it on and whaddya know---brake lights
LIVE AND LEARN
Old 01-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #18
big_al
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
This is the wiring diagram that came with the turn signal kit.
My '07 Precedent has 4/12's for batteries.
I just got a turn signal kit for my 2007 precedent that came with this diagram. Totally useless to me! I have no idea where the cart wires are. I have removed the dash and there are 2-3 connectors. The only thing I can see for sure is that one is for the horn.

Help! Where do I start
big_al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #19
big_al
Not Yet Wild

Never mind, got them working
big_al is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car