lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
1972Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2003 DS electric cam removal (no “C” clip style)

On my 2003 Club Car DS the electric cam has some broken tabs that help keep the throttle cable in line when the cam moves when the gas pedal is depressed.
I have the new replacement cam. It has a two sides round, two sides flat hole. The diagram I found shows a “C” clip on top of the cam to hold it in place. The cam in my CC does not have a clip on top to hold it in place.
What is the procedure to remove the old cam and is there a trick to replacing it with the new one.
Thanks in advance for any help.
- 1972Bob
1972Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2021, 08:58 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 DS electric cam removal (no “C” clip style)

It’s not gonna just pop off. Rust and dirt have been it’s frienemy since day 1. Persuasion will be necessary, probably in the form of some vice grips and a hammer.
If the clip is missing that would probably mean someone has been monkeying around with it before. Hence, the broken pieces. Normally some of the guide teeth being missing should not be a problem. Misalignment of the cable sheath to the cam would be far more of a problem. Loosen the lock nuts on the cable sheath and you should be able to move it up or down in the slot in the side of the box to line it up with the cam.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:03 PM   #3
1972Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I’m thinking there must be two styles.
No rust or damage other than the missing tabs.
There isn’t any groove for a clip.
I even went back out and double checked.
In the diagram I found, the post is a half round type post with clip.
The post on this one has two flat sides and two round sides.
I’m wondering if it’s a press on?
I do appreciate the reply.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:38 PM   #4
1972Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well, Fairtax4me- I need to apologize.
I couldn’t get the cam off in one piece, I broke it prying up from one side. No big deal since it needed replaced anyway.
Once the old parts were out of the way, I did indeed find a groove for a “e” ring keeper.
The old cam position was high enough that it covered the ring groove, may be why the tabs were broken?
I installed the new cam, it just slipped onto the shaft and it seemed to be too low for the cable placement so I put a washer under it to align things.
Now I need to find the appropriate keeper ring to button it up properly.
Now to pop the stock steering wheel off to install an after market three spoke style.

Tags
cam, car, club, electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car