lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2021, 09:57 AM   #1
Rsjs
Not Yet Wild

Default '99 gas club cart DS works intermittently

So my girl friend has been having issues with her golf cart recently. One minute it's working fine, then all of a sudden it's not. When I apply a little gas, it will work for a second or two, then cuts out. Happens thr same way in reverse and forward gear. My girl friend had the cart serviced last week and it ran fine for a few days, now we're having the same problem. She said he tried changing the spark plug and that the oil was overfilled, so he gave it an oil change. I gave a quick once over to see if there were any obvious wires that were loose, but didn't go beyond that.

Any ideas? I am not well versed with engines, but I'd like to fool around with this to hopefully learn something. Thanks for the help.
Rsjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2021, 09:15 PM   #2
Rsjs
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '99 gas club cart DS works intermittently

Also, after the golf cart sits for a while (over night, maybe less), it miraculously starts working again, albeit for a short time. She said that she added a little gas to it when she overfilled the oil, so maybe bad gas is the problem? I think it was acting up before she added gas, but just trying to give as many details as possible.
Rsjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:42 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: '99 gas club cart DS works intermittently

Sounds like trash in the carb. Sitting overnight allows it to settle and starting and driving it stirs it up maybe?
Pull and clean the carb, when you do this, inspect the tank as well, so many people forget to clean the tank only to have the carb fill back up with thrash.
Good time to inspect you gas can too.
You would be surprised how much trash can get by a fuel filter.....
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car