lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2021, 03:33 PM   #21
cfoxcvg1988
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 TXT motor cuts out in regular intervals till rpm comes down then motor retur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
With the fact you have Spark and generator volts during the event I'm thinking fuel. Maybe water or sludge in the float bowl cutting off fuel for a second or two. I see this a lot with diesels too.
Update:
Drained the bowl into a jar, no water or debris visible. I also sucked the bottom of the tank out just in case I had something in there. Here is the complete list of what I have done so far.
  • New plug.
  • New fuel filter.
  • Pulled, cleaned and replaced as needed all wire connections that I could find front to back.
  • Tested voltage into solenoid and out of solenoid during the events
  • Tested spark during the event
  • Cleaned terminals on CIT Relay (I think they refer to this as the kill relay), voltage regulator and this other box with 3 wires that is remotely mounted.
  • Visually watched governor arm while operating and during the event. It moved appropriately at all times.
  • Air filter is 1 season old but spotless and this cart only runs on roads in good weather.

Nothing I have done has changed the symptoms and I have no idea where to go now. The cart runs perfectly but will randomly just loose power, slow down then recover back to full RPM. There is no pattern that I can identify.
The only thing that has changed is when we first started troubleshooting the voltage would instantly drop from 14.6 to 12.3 when the events happened. I say this a few times but now the voltage is consistent while operating @ 14.6v and 12.3v while at rest.
cfoxcvg1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2021, 03:38 PM   #22
cfoxcvg1988
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2014 TXT motor cuts out in regular intervals till rpm comes down then motor retur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
May be a vent issue on the tank as well. Next time it does it look at the tank and see if it collapsed.
Definitely not collapsed and I inadvertently left the cap very loose the last test and it still happened.
My cart does have a CARB Canister in line on the return. Is there any possibility that is causing some issue? I don’t personally understand how it works.
cfoxcvg1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO