lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2021, 01:13 PM   #11
mendoza4@embarqmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2013 Carryall 2 No Spark

I ordered the relay yesterday. Should be here early next week. I will give you an update after I install it.
mendoza4@embarqmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2021, 01:30 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Did you unplug the white wire or a black wire?

From what you describe you either pulled the wrong wire or the wires are on the wrong pins on the relay. Someone has been messing around with those before given that the pin the brown wires are on is bent over.
The relay should have the pin functions labeled on it either on top of the relay or next to the pins.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:50 PM   #13
mendoza4@embarqmail.com
Not Yet Wild

I got the relay yesterday and installed it today. Unfortunately, I am still not getting any spark and engine is not turning over.

Should I test or replace the solenoid and the micro switch?
Old 08-05-2021, 05:58 PM   #14
mendoza4@embarqmail.com
Not Yet Wild

in reply to the #12 thread: You may be right on someone messing with the wires on the relay. Some of those wires may be on the wrong locations. Is there a wiring diagram on this site that I can take a look at?

Another thing that I forgot to mention, when I purchased the cart and started looking inside the black box, the previous owner had put a zip tie on the microswitch so that the little leg was pushing down on the switch button constantly. Not sure what that accomplished.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:21 AM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

This should have your wire diagram, or at least be pretty close.
https://mobilicab.com/F4hxm7zhX073ec...Carryall-2.pdf

Somethings not hooked up correctly because like I said before if you only unplugged the White/blk wire from the relay the cart should still start. The white/blk is only for ignition coil kill, and has no affect on the relay or solenoid working.
Check the wiring at the key switch as well because it's common for people to replace switches or remove them and put wires back in the wrong place.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:07 AM   #16
mendoza4@embarqmail.com
Not Yet Wild

When I get home on Tuesday I will take a close look at wiring diagram and ck to see that the wires are in the correct spots, check the key switch wires, and also check the grounds to the engine frame. I will let you know. Thanks again.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:56 AM   #17
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I don't have much to info to offer, but I do have these...

The relay appears to be wired correctly:

Here's your key switch wiring:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg KS-relaytest1.jpg (141.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Keysstartexploded.jpg (81.8 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:00 PM   #18
mendoza4@embarqmail.com
Not Yet Wild

ok here's the latest. I looked at the key switch and all wires seem to be just like the diagram and the same for the relay wires. I purchased and installed a new solenoid and a new relay switch. When I turned on the key switch nothing happened. I put the old relay switch on and when I turned the key, the starter generator came on just like before but when i pressed on the gas pedal, nothing. I have the air tube disconnected and I can here gas going in carb but it seems like I am still not getting any spark. All the above is being done with the cart in forward. When I put the cart in Neutral the starter generator still stays on but if I put it in neutral and I step on the gas, the starter generator turns off.

Since nothing happened with the new relay, is there a possibility that the new relay is bad? If the old relay is bad, why would the starter generator turn on with the old relay?

Totally stumped!
Old 08-12-2021, 07:03 PM   #19
mendoza4@embarqmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Could my issue be a bad Voltage regulator?
Old 08-15-2021, 10:51 AM   #20
mendoza4@embarqmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Yesterday I checked the key switch as you instructed. Disconnected the Black/white wire from key switch and checked for continuity (yes) to ground with neg. battery cable disconnected. I then turned the key switch to on and tested for continuity and got NO continuity so Key switch seems to be good. I returned the Relay I purchased (club car part #1017239) because I feel it was defective. I am ordering another from a local club car dealer and will try again. I think I am getting closer to figuring out where my problem is. I think I have eliminated the key switch and the solenoid (installed a brand new one).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car