lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
bubba_39211
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 EZ-GO ST 4x4

I have aquired a 2008 ST 4x4 and, not having owned and EZ-GO product before, have a few questions I hope you guru's can help me with.

1. Why did EZ-GO stop making this model? It seems like a heck of a good UTV.

2. What is it worth if I sell it?

3. If I decide to keep it, is EZ-GO likely to keep providing parts? For how long?

4. Where would I find a top roll/brush cage and front brush guard?

Thanks in advance,

Bubba
bubba_39211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 EZ-GO ST 4x4

The 4x4 was a heck of a unit. Unfortunately, the market was demanding the UTV style of units and this wasn't fitting the bill. They will continue to offer parts for quite some time. HOWEVER, some of the items like the brush guards and roll cages are UTD - use to depleted. If you want these parts, then I can help you, but only for a very linmted time on accessories...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
jdinville3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I would love to have a factory made 4x4.... Enjoy it and if you get a chance post up some pics and i wouldn't sell it if i was you.... buy some parts from MMT above and pimp that thing out...
jdinville3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

pricing that thing out at 10k was a little steep IMO when you can get a kaw mule that would do twice the work.

The ones I have around here, are always calling for parts. they are always breaking. I have put the few around here in the same classification as the Bad Boy Buggie - Total POS's
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
bubba_39211
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
pricing that thing out at 10k was a little steep IMO when you can get a kaw mule that would do twice the work.

The ones I have around here, are always calling for parts. they are always breaking. I have put the few around here in the same classification as the Bad Boy Buggie - Total POS's
Really? What kind of problems do folks typically have? I've see a lot of complaints about the Bad Boy, but your's is the first negative comment about the ST 4x4.

I have a little UTV made by Brister's Manuf. in Roseland, LA...a Chuck Wagon, 4x4, locking rear diff, 13 HP Honda...very similar to a Mule, nice UTV for the money. I took that EZ-GO through a creek with no problem that stopped the chuck wagon by getting the drive belt wet. I have also pulled a Swisher trail mower behind both of them, and the EZ-GO doesn't even know it's back there. The chuck wagon pulls it OK, but not as easily as the EZ-GO. Just from my limited experience.

Thanks for your help and input....I'm just trying to fine out about this EZ-GO.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

If it's an Ezgo with Ezgo parts, I would think it would be a great product. I'm not familiar with the 4x4 models. Ruredy would more than likely know quite a deal about this vehicle. But my opinion and experience with any Ezgo product is that they make great products that seem to last. They are considered on of the top three.

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I believe the most problems I see out of them are just customer related.

I have had to put eng clutches on 2 of the 3 due to the clutch braking, not wearing out. I have put F&R cables on all 3, numerous eng problems from oil pressure sensor going bad to bad valves in head. I havent seen any come thru with majopr mechanical damage, just moslty wear and tear stuff. I guess i look at it as a 10k vehicle should hold up better and have less problems than say a mule,gator, 4 wheeler.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
bubba_39211
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
I believe the most problems I see out of them are just customer related.

I have had to put eng clutches on 2 of the 3 due to the clutch braking, not wearing out. I have put F&R cables on all 3, numerous eng problems from oil pressure sensor going bad to bad valves in head. I havent seen any come thru with majopr mechanical damage, just moslty wear and tear stuff. I guess i look at it as a 10k vehicle should hold up better and have less problems than say a mule,gator, 4 wheeler.
Thanks for the reply. I'll keep an eye out for the problems you mention especially if I decide to keep it.

I'm surprised that a Honda engine has that list of problems you mention. Honda's have been the most reliable and trouble free engines of the ones that I have owned from cars to boats to generators.

I think the MSRP on mine was about $8800. I made a trade for it that I probably had $5300 in.

Thanks again for your input.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #9
gemmechanic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will try to answer your questions:

1. Why did EZ-GO stop making this model? It seems like a heck of a good UTV.
UTV's are very competitive and EZ-GO failed to gain market share.

2. What is it worth if I sell it?
Depends on condition. Maybe $3-4 thousand, if well equipped and with low hours.

3. If I decide to keep it, is EZ-GO likely to keep providing parts? For how long?
EZ-GO has made it clear that this unit will not be supported. Many parts are
no longer available. This has been an embarrassment to EZ-GO and its
dealers and is unusual for any EZ-GO product. Many EZ-GO and Cushman
parts are available for decades.
4. Where would I find a top roll/brush cage and front brush guard?
Used is all you might find. People are now parting these out as major
components such as transmission and axles are no longer available.

Daniel
gemmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO