lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Top Question

Does anyone know if I can replace the old style front windshield/top frame with the new style and have it still fit?

In other words, I have a 2004 club car DS style body and cart, but it has the pre-2000 style seats and top/frame on it for some reason. In an attempt to modernize the look a little, I was thinking it would be nice to put on a post-2000 style black front top frame and corresponding windshield.

Would this fit on a top that currently fits the older aluminum framing? I realize the body mounts should be the same, but I'm more interested in the top mounts since they are shaped differently. I have the 80" top if that helps.

txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Top Question

THe aluminum old style supports work with the old fiberglass tops & the new steel supports work with the new plastic roofs and yes you can put the new style supports and roof on the old cart Same with the steering wheel and seat backs and bumpers ..... so it looks newer than it is

This cart here was an '89 in the rebuild process:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1908.jpg (130.9 KB, 5 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks. But I don't want to change my top, just the front support. That's what I wondered was possible.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

The new style front supports are narrower then the old style. Looking at your top, i doesn't look like it will work unless there is a place under there that the support will bolt to.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRay View Post
The new style front supports are narrower then the old style. Looking at your top, i doesn't look like it will work unless there is a place under there that the support will bolt to.
Thanks. That's what I was wondering. I've seen a new support on a top that looked like mine and they had a spacer block installed between the support and the top, but to me it looked odd because the top overhung the support a good bit.

Guess I'll just stick with painting mine black as previously planned.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The aluminum old style supports work with the old fiberglass tops & the new steel supports work with the new plastic roofs and yes you can put the new style supports and roof on the old cart Same with the steering wheel and seat backs and bumpers ..... so it looks newer than it is

This cart here was an '89 in the rebuild process:
The answer to your question is right here in the red
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Sorry for digging up this old post, but after doing some searching on here I came across this and think it answers one of my questions. It sounds like the OP has the same issue as I do. Silver aluminum supports. But he has the 80" top and I have the 60". I want to change out the top and really the supports as well and go with something black. If I am reading this thread correctly. I can buy a new 80" top and new black supports and it will all line up correctly when bolting it down on the cart. Am I safe in assuming so?

Thanks in advance.
wbwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car