lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
kaschiro
Not Yet Wild

Default reset the on board computer

some time ago you told me how to reset the on board computer and I forgot would you refresh my brain...I have a 2004 club car 48 volt system..I do not have a tow switch, if that is important...all I can remember is that Turn on the key put it neutral and depress the accelerator ...that is all I can remember, I am not going to do anything until I hear from you.

Question # 2 does the on board computer also control the charger for the battery's?..or a better question is "what does the computer do in the scheme of things for the golf cart?
Kas
kaschiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: reset the on board computer

It's in the "Stickies" at the top of the CC electric main page, along with a bunch of other great info!

click on this link: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...er-system.html

I'm not sure if it'll work on your 04, you can always give it a try and let us know if it does or not!

#2) Yes, It's only real function is for charging, so the batteries don't over charge.

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
kaschiro
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: reset the on board computer

The reason I want to reset my obc is because the changer never shuts off. it gets down to about 2.5 amps and stays there...all batts read 8.5 v and all hydrometer readings are all in green (standard turkey baster type new) and the voltage reading for each cell with meter across each battery is no more that 1 volts under load..this test is when the cart is stopped and then the pedal to the metal with the cart moving and the voltage returns 8.5 while the cart is moving..I am pretty certain that the batts are in good shape.. so I looking at other options like the battery charger or the obc
Kas
I want to address the batt charger......does it have a shut down period?...ie, after so much time it shuts off...is this a function of the OBC or batt charger its self...as off now after 8 hrs and if the charger is at 2.5 amps for some time I unplug the charger from the cart....by the way the cart runs fine and seems ok..the batt indicator on the dash stays up in the good range(not a meter, the long led type}
Old 11-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What is the highest voltage reading you get on the battery pack under charge?

58.3 is a minimum shut off voltage... some carts run up as high as 63v before the charger shuts off... the charger is nothing more than a transformer the obc is the control.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
kaschiro
Not Yet Wild

I just got you message and went out and measured and the voltage in measuring 60.7. does this mean that my obc is not work properly...there is about 10 volts across each battery (under charge)
Old 11-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Let it go..... see how high it goes. Don't shut it down until 64v
Old 11-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
kaschiro
Not Yet Wild

Scotty,
OK here is what is happening....when I last talk to you(talk=type) the voltage was 60.7 then after that I went took my shower and went out to the cart and the charger was shut down...which I was very happy to see...so what you are telling me the obc sends a signal to the center wire of the charger and when the charger and when the sees the magic voltage the charger shuts down. The charger plug has 3 wires, 2 of which are very heavy which means that the current coming from the are the ones that are charging the battery...the 3rd wire which is lighter is the sensor voltage and has a fuse in it.What I did was I unplugged the sensor wire and measured the voltage at the fuse which was about 58 volts and the charger started up again and when the total value of was 60.9 it shut down. which is telling me, it is the charger that is sensing the output voltage via the center wire and it shuts down. The resting voltage right now is 53 volts. Now I understand what is happening..when there is bad battery the output voltage will not get up to 60 volts and therefore the charger will stay on forever and cook the rest of the good battery's....OK since the required voltage to charge the battery's is 54(6x9volt) is there an adjustment in the charger that will allow me to change the voltage from 60. 9 down to say 59-60, so that there will not be any overcooking
OK I will shut up for a while
Kas
Old 12-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
Bessman94
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Is it the same procedure with a 95 DS CLub Car. I haven't seen a tow/run switch. Or do you just skip that step? Thanks
Bessman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

kaschiro, you should be good to go. Like Scottyb said... 58.3 is just a minumum shut-off voltage. Be happy you're reaching it. If you weren't, it definitely wouldn't shut off.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thanks David we always appreciate your input on these CC things...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car