lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #11
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Forward and Reverse Switch wiring diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Peter, the reason for tying the bottom 2 terminals together is for eliminating the 1/2 power reverse feed ONLY. IF you want to do that then you would ALSO eliminate the cable going to the battery #3 positive.(18v)
The rest is fairly simple the white cable goes to the coil pack behind the batteries. Certainly your cables are not painted their whole length? the 2 cables on the center pivot will go to the motor S1 and S2 terminals.... did you find your diagram?
this diagram i have. there were no cables on the switch at all when i got the cart or a solenoid. i have had to make and run every cable, thats why iam having so much trouble. i dont know what s1 an s2 are, which pos an which neg of which batt. also im testing with 3 12v batt i want to make sure it works fine before i go spend the $ on batt. i may have to use the xtra $ on other parts. again thank you for your help this far i hope you can help me get this thing wired right ok i see #1 and #2 spots on the motor i guess thats what s means which terminal goes to the solenoid its hard to tell on this diagram
petercook is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2011, 12:23 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think the #s go to a legend which we do not have..... take all the positions of the motor terminals and the F&R locations literally.
Just trace them out one by one.
Try going and looking at a similar golf cart ?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 AM   #13
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I think the #s go to a legend which we do not have..... take all the positions of the motor terminals and the F&R locations literally.
Just trace them out one by one.
Try going and looking at a similar golf cart ?
This diagram is from the Individual Parts List . . . the legend would only provide part numbers for ordering . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #14
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Is it like page 17-7 (Figure 17-4)here?

Attachment 59347

Old 12-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercook View Post
this diagram i have. there were no cables on the switch at all when i got the cart or a solenoid. i have had to make and run every cable, thats why iam having so much trouble. i dont know what s1 an s2 are, which pos an which neg of which batt. also im testing with 3 12v batt i want to make sure it works fine before i go spend the $ on batt. i may have to use the xtra $ on other parts. again thank you for your help this far i hope you can help me get this thing wired right ok i see #1 and #2 spots on the motor i guess thats what s means which terminal goes to the solenoid its hard to tell on this diagram
If testing with 3 12v batteries, just ignore the wire labeled #10 in your diagram . . that is for half speed reverse . . install the aforementioned "jumper" on the bottom of the f/r switch instead, but be careful as you will then have full-speed reverse . . .
Old 12-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #16
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

here ya go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36v_cc_ds.jpg (105.5 KB, 26 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
here ya go
Um,
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #18
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
here ya go
thats a good diagram but my connections on my motor are straight down in a row unlike this one 2 at the top an 2 at the bottom i need to make sure i get them on the right post on the motor. in what order would s1 s2 and a1 an a2 go if it were top to bottom. thats all i think i need from here. where did this diagram come from, maybe its a year b4 or after mine and the rest is the same. my motor looks exactly like the one in the previous diagram.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #19
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Is it like page 17-7 (Figure 17-4)here?

Attachment 59347

i think this is it! thanks
Old 12-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #20
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Um,
um what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercook View Post
thats a good diagram but my connections on my motor are straight down in a row unlike this one 2 at the top an 2 at the bottom i need to make sure i get them on the right post on the motor. in what order would s1 s2 and a1 an a2 go if it were top to bottom. thats all i think i need from here. where did this diagram come from, maybe its a year b4 or after mine and the rest is the same. my motor looks exactly like the one in the previous diagram.
this should be right... if the cart goes rev while in forward and forward while in rev, swap A1 and S1.
that diagram came from a 95'-96' 36V CC DS. colors may not correspond, but the circuit is the same.
cheers!
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36v_motor.jpg (47.1 KB, 3 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1989, club car, electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car