lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
Anthen27
Not Yet Wild

Default need help with light kit for my 05' DS

I recently purchased a 05' electric CC DS for a decent price.....I want to add lights to it like I did to my 05' gas precident, I bought my light kit off ebay for the precident and was very happy with it, It plugged into the factory harness and the lights fit very well, halogen fronts and led taillights. If I understand with my DS I need to use a voltage regulator that uses the whole battery pack to reduce voltage for the lights/accessories from 48v down to 12v, can anyone suggest a DS light kit that is a good quality? I see 20+ different kits being sold on e-bay and from various online vendors....some large bezel for front lights some small, some halogen fronts, some LED tails etc......I need a vendor and which light kit and voltage regulator you went with for a good clean hassle free install and operation.......I would want a kit with a harness and switch, I only need running lights at this point but like my other kit on my precident, it can be upgraded to add turnsignals and brake lights.........Thanks for your help.....lots of CC experts on here I am sure someone can add some input.......
Anthen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: need help with light kit for my 05' DS

Check with our forum sponsors first.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
Anthen27
Not Yet Wild

Take a look at this kit and see what you guys think? E-bay item #190506998864 with this kit I would also need a voltage regulator.....I also found this kit on cpp http://www.cartpartsplus.com/club-ca...n-signals.html which seems very similar but almost twice the price I also found this on BU http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...%20CC2%20COMBO this one includes a voltage regulator.........any suggestions someone has to have some better input than "check our site sponsors"?
Anthen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its been several years since I installed a "BUGGIES" kit like you show but at that time it was a plug in kit but WITHOUT INSTRUCTIONS?? When I contacted them about omission of instructions was told that they dont keep instructions other than a genaric one so I was on my own? This may have been a isolated time BUT???
Check with our forum sponsors if possible as they are know their products and will be willing to help.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

lol!

not satisfied with the options/prices available, i built my own kit! i picked up a set of nos factory lights from rabbitreborn, won a grote universal turn signal for $11 on eBay, found a grote flasher in a school bus at the scrap yard (free), found some clear led tail/turn lights on eBay for $32 shipped, and i already had the relay in my bin. just gotta find some micro switches for the brakes and im done. it was a lot more effort to source everything and build my own harness, etc. vs. just placing a order for a kit, but i prefer the end result!
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car