lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #11
colonel_biggs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: No response at accelerator pedal; ATTN: scottb and shadowman

I won't be back down to Galveston again until the end of the week.

For advanced planning:

First, what are the implications, if I hook up the charger, and there is still no response? nor any clicking?

Second, suppose I encounter some clicking at the solenoid, if I follow this same procedure. What is the diagnostic then? A bad solenoid? How does one test for a bad micro switch?

The fact that the lights come on brightly when I turn the ignition key on, and that the warning buzzer sounds loudly when I place the F/R switch into reverse, leads me to believe that the batteries should be strong enough to produce some sort of response when I press down on the pedal.

Thanks.

GB
colonel_biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #12
colonel_biggs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

[I thought that this reply had been posted earlier, but evidently not.]

I won't be back in Galveston until late in the week. But, in planning ahead:

What if there is no response from depressing the pedal, if I follow the procedure with the battery charger installed? Is it necessarily a bad solenoid, as opposed to a micro switch? How does one test for a defective micro switch?

Let's assume that the procedure causes a click at the solenoid. Therefore, a bad solenoid? Bad batteries? (They are Tro-Jans, new two years ago.)

I would tend to think that since the lights come on so brightly when the On/Off switch is turned on, and the warning buzzer is so sharp when the F/R switch is thrown into reverse, that there must be enough juice in the batteries to produce some sort of response when the pedal is depreessed. Just my hunch.

GB
colonel_biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i would think your right about that but it wouldn,t hurt to see .............and that would tell us something about which way to go................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car