lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Rammer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Excessive Corrosion on Terminals

Soon after I got my cart (used cart, 2005 DS), I began to notice corrosion building on each terminal. I didn't think much about it and took my wire brush to each terminal about once a month to knock it down (with terminal wires still connected to posts). Recently, I broke down and spent some time disconnecting EVERY terminal and cleaning each one, connector and post, thoroughly and even replacing most connectors as they just appeared old. I even bought some "corrosion preventer" from the local cart shop and spayed each post/connector after I finished. A couple months have past and I am already seeing a decent amount of corrosion begin to build on mainly just one post, the positive that goes back to the motor. In addition to the primary positive going to the motor, this post has two more positive connectors on it (i think the winch and lights, but I'm not sure). I assume corrosion build up is not common and I'm pretty sure build up at this speed is not common. Any thoughts, tips, advice, etc. By the way, batteries are a hodge podge in age, a couple 2006, a couple 2007 and a couple 2010. The system is a 6 battery, 48V system.
Rammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Excessive Corrosion on Terminals

A hodge podge pack may be causing excessive charging resulting in excessive gassing causing the quick corrosion buid up.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
ramblin-wreck
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
A hodge podge pack may be causing excessive charging resulting in excessive gassing causing the quick corrosion buid up.
I've experienced excessive gassing after eating mexican food too.
ramblin-wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Also Caused by over filling ..... ...... the batteries.

When overfull they will spill when gassing and cause a lot of corrosion.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
Rammer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks, I don't think they are over filled. I usually fill just enough to cover the plates. It must be the mixed batteries/charging. I just leave the cart plugged in whenver I am not using it, which is usually just on weekends. So, all week it stays plugged in, but the charger kicks on and off like it should so I don't imagine it's being overcharged. Oh well, I'll just keep cleaning the terminals. Thank again.
Rammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car