lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #11
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

Default Re: 48 volt solonoid won't energize

Now that I think about it I believe I have a wiring schematic at home. I will have to check tonight when I get home from work.
yamahag9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #12
joe 100
Not Yet Wild

okay, i got the solonoid to energize by running a jumper wire from the blue/white wire on the so lonoid to the negative battery post #6 battery.I took the yel wire from solonoid going to controller, didn't want to fry my controller if something was shorted. Put voltmeter on post where yel wire was . When turned key on heard clicking and read 51v thur solonoid. Okay , so far so good. Put yel wire going to controller back on and jumped blue/white wire and turned key on . Solonoid clicked , put f/r switch in forward, press pedal. NOTHING . I did have the back wheels up . Real disappointed when no go! Okay, decided to put in reverse and the thing worked okay in reverse. At least i can go backwards . I trace the wires on f/r and one of the wires goes to a device that i have no clue of what is. Its not the obc or controller. Its got several wires going to this device .I'ved looked at a bunch of schematics,but can't find one with this on it. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THIS DEVICE IS?
joe 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

whats it look like and wheres it located? can you take a pic and post it?...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #14
joe 100
Not Yet Wild

Yamahag9er, I have a schematic, but it doesn't have that device on it , if your has it on it , i could certainly use it. Thanks for the reply
Old 09-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #15
joe 100
Not Yet Wild

Its located on the bracket that wholes the solonod. But its hard to see. You just about have to look from beneath to see. Its made kind of like the obc., but a little smaller. Sorry shallowman but i don't have camera to take a pic with. If need too i can see if my son can do it. Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #16
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

I can't think of any device that would be mounted back there. Does your cart have lights on it? Maybe it's a voltage reducer. I will have to see what I can find. What does it look like? How many wires does it have coming out of it?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #17
joe 100
Not Yet Wild

Yamahag9er, I see that you have a 97 also and i'm wondering if yours might have one .
You might be on to something , i didn't think about that. It could very well be a voltage reducer. I will let you know about the wires later. Might work on it later on today.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thats my thought a voltage reducer........although its mounted in an odd place i can,t think of anything else that would be standard to the cart......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #19
yamahag9er
Fry's Golf Carts

Club Car

No there isn't anything like that on this cart. Generally it is just your main soleniod, dynamic braking solenoid, controller, and OBC back there. I just can't come up with anything else other than something like a voltage reducer or some other type of add on.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #20
joe 100
Not Yet Wild

This device has a plug and socket with at least 10 to 12 wires. Right beside the plug theirs several more wires coming out and they are molded into this voltage reducer or voltage doubler, what ever this thing is called. Its hard to troubleshoot when you don't have a schematic.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car