lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default 24-48 to 12 Volt Converter

Just got my new converter Guess what? It's made in Tawain, not China. At least Tawain buys American Military stuff

The Converter is very heavy and appears to be of quality construction. The package that it comes with contains the hardware to attach little terminals to the unit. Also has some shrink tubing

I'll let you guys know how good it works when the kids give me a chance to install it. Free shipping and I got it next day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0061.jpg (180.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0062.jpg (135.5 KB, 36 views)
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: 24-48 to 12 Volt Converter

Steve, does it have an on/off switch or are you going to wire one in? Those things scare me if they can't be powered off when not being used.

Would be cool if you could/would do a DIY with picures on how and where you install it. I really like how well my extra 12v works for my accessories but I may change to a converter someday.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
Steve, does it have an on/off switch or are you going to wire one in? Those things scare me if they can't be powered off when not being used.

Would be cool if you could/would do a DIY with picures on how and where you install it. I really like how well my extra 12v works for my accessories but I may change to a converter someday.
No on/off switch, but I will install one. I want to put one on just like the tow/run switch. So when I go for a ride, I'll have 2 switches to throw, instead of one.

I'll post pics when I'm done. Still need some more wire (AWG 10) and terminal plugs before I can complete this insatallation. I also have a 12 volt DC to 120 AC converter to power anything that requires 120 AC. I'll put that in the dash, as it's water-resistant in there
Old 10-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 24-48 to 12 Volt Converter

I installed mine & used a key type switch. Installed the switch along side the dash key. Makes it more dificult to turn on the converter, but hopefully it will stop some idiot from messin' with the car.

My .02 cents worth.

Have fun ! Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
I installed mine & used a key type switch. Installed the switch along side the dash key. Makes it more dificult to turn on the converter, but hopefully it will stop some idiot from messin' with the car.

My .02 cents worth.

Have fun ! Dave
I just ordered a CC tow/run switch with rubber boot. I'm going to drill a hole near the tow/run switch and install the new switch for the converter.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have put in several of those they are solid and dependable units.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:55 AM   #7
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
No on/off switch, but I will install one. I want to put one on just like the tow/run switch. So when I go for a ride, I'll have 2 switches to throw, instead of one.

I'll post pics when I'm done. Still need some more wire (AWG 10) and terminal plugs before I can complete this insatallation. I also have a 12 volt DC to 120 AC converter to power anything that requires 120 AC. I'll put that in the dash, as it's water-resistant in there
Steve3201,

I'm looking forward to your pics in regard to the final install. For novices like me I really would appreciate what part of the converter you plan to install the wiring (10 AWG) for the on/off switch? I didn't know that it needed an on/off switch. I probably will purchase this same unit and want to ensure I have all essentials at the start.

Since the unit is heavy where do you plan on placing it? Please excuse the questions.

ZackMan

Last edited by ZackMan; 10-07-2011 at 05:57 AM.. Reason: Changed name
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #8
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackMan View Post
Steve3201,

I'm looking forward to your pics in regard to the final install. For novices like me I really would appreciate what part of the converter you plan to install the wiring (10 AWG) for the on/off switch? I didn't know that it needed an on/off switch. I probably will purchase this same unit and want to ensure I have all essentials at the start.

Since the unit is heavy where do you plan on placing it? Please excuse the questions.

ZackMan
It doesn't need an on/off switch but wise to put on there so there is no draw on your batteries and for piece of mind from a safety standpoint
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #9
ZackMan
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
It doesn't need an on/off switch but wise to put on there so there is no draw on your batteries and for piece of mind from a safety standpoint
Thanks for the feedback.
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #10
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Okay, last night I mounted the converter in the bagwell space to the botom of the rear seat. I'll post pics later. I made a small cut-out to the top of the motor acces panel and ran the wires to the battery box.

Now I'm trying to hook it up to the lights. I read to separate the 48 volt disconnect (in dash) and introduce the converter to this circuit. Then it says to connect the #1 pos to the blue wire in the center controller area.

Currenty, the one battery system uses the the #4 pos (12 volts) to this blue wire. I don't understand how connecting that blue wire to the # 1 pos (48 volts) does anything if I already connected it to the wires in the dash?????

Any help would be appreciated before I melt something expensive!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car