lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #11
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Install 400-500 controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnorb View Post
Can you provide website link for a fuse assy? Where would I install in system?

Thanks,

OC
http://evdrives.com/accessories.html#Fuse

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...tall-Guide.pdf
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #12
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks.

Beryl
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #13
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Besides the cost, what is the difference between the SPM (new) and AXE controller (series) from ALLTRAX? Once PQ completes the computation of the amp to heat ratio for my 97 CC DS, I can finalize the choice between a 400-600 amp controller. Waiting to purchase fuse for battery pack for I understand it should be the same amp as the controller purchased.

Side note: I spoke to Tom with Carts Plus about why the 6-1 gears didn't jump the speed up as I assumed it would, he stated the motor didn't have the torque to drive the gears... top speed is under 21 mph, on a downhill 2% grade and tail wind, I don't see how the torque issue would be in consideration since even going downhill the cart will still not exceed 21 mph. Thoughts? I am "assuming" an updated controller would resolve the "torque" shortage...

Will post update picture once I have installed the newly received LVS certification required parts, between work and college classes, garage time is sparse...
Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Always consult the motor manufacture for recommendation when matching a controller up a motor. This is very important as the wrong field map can burn a motor up faster than you can transfer money to your checking account.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #15
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You series cart is going 21mph with no electric upgrades?!?!?!
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #16
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

A constant 20.4 to 20.8mph, uphill not to exceed 2% grade and downhill, when it starts to drop in speed, I know the battery pack is starting to drain, I drive it all over the Navy Base here in Norfolk, over 13 miles yesterday, it slowed to 18.4 mph as I pulled back up to parking spot to plug in for the evening. The cart is great to have on the base, being electric, I have access to piers and controlled areas where gas/diesel powered vehicles run into restrictions. Due to the 6:1 gears PQ is running all the options before I spend the money, not in a hurry. Traffic is not an issue, base speed limit on 95% of the roads 25mph, locations with higher speed limits I don’t have a need to drive in those areas, plus it seems there are stop signs about every 100 yards.

When dash arrives I will be able to mount the voltage gauge to monitor actual voltage, working on the battery box frame for the 12V battery, didn’t want to have the Speedo and radio running through a converter, it will go underneath, behind the 8V's.

I would have been happy to get 25-30 mph range to have the ability to speed up if I had to avoid an incident, maybe after more PQ # crunching.

The Navy Working Uniform (NWU) pattern vinyl wrap is standing by, after the LSV cert, I will wrap and add the Wounded Warrior and CPO decals, post pictures when finished.

Last edited by oconnorb; 11-16-2011 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: sentence structure
Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #17
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Any of the sponsors should have fuses. Check the site sponsor link above.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
Bennett75
Not Yet Wild

I have an 1996 Club Car with a 400amp controller and a 3.75 motor. My question is how fast should it be with that combination? I just had the micro switch replaced at the potentiometer. Can the potentiometer be adjusted clockwise or counter clockwise to get the speed maxed out? Right now its only running 15mph....HELP!
Bennett75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car