lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default what types of routine maintance is needed....

As my post count implies, I'm new. So what types of maintance should I expect to be doing? Battery, grease fittings , air pressure...then what??
I live in southern Va. temps do get cold here in the winter and I will be leaving the cart outside but under or in shelter but not temp. controlled. I have a 36v 96 txt. My basic use for this will be at Ocean Lakes during warm times to get to the beach and back to the camper. I will store it inside from April to Sept. in S.C. but it will be here in the winter time. Thanks
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: what types of routine maintance is needed....

It's just like a small car with rear drum brakes, except it's electric. So yeah, keep the batteries watered up, charged, and free of corrosion, grease the fittings once a year, keep an eye on the rust on the battery tray, and blow out the brake linings when you feel the need. Front bearings are just like a car, service them every few years. Rear bearings are sealed. Differential can be serviced easily, every 5 years should be enough. Last thing might be the brake cables under the chassis could use some lube and attention.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

brake linings???.... what to do to the diff? It had hardly any brakes when I got it and now it has none due to my tinkering so the thats the biggest thing "to do" now.
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

On a cart that has had zero maintenance the brake linings, drums, springs, etc. can be caked with dust and debris. A simple inspection after drum/hub removal will show you what I mean. As for the differential, the oil needs changing eventually.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO